Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

Perhaps this is SSM's doing - a throwback to 80s early 90s. 

And I agree the ASSbys were all horrible today. It just didn't work. It was even worse when they had the shot of the twins and Lily all next to each other. They're tricking 10 years apart. I truly hope they break CK away from this 'family' - it's a joke that a 29 yo has been positioned as a 40-something mom to teens. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, i'll say it, we got more Chloe and Kevin next week, cab they go already!

LOVING the Newman family drama, added bonus, despite what some thought, Sharon ain't substantially involved LOL

I am liking Hilary sans Devon more and more

• Members

Thanks to ridiculous pre-emption of 25 minutes for CBS's obsession with Russia, Y&R doubled it's normal rating on POP.  (it's been averaging around 0.4 and 400K - way down from Pratt era):

113 YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, T POP 7:00 PM 60 0.08 813

• Members

The whispering is AWFUL. DG sucks.

I liked the Nikki/Victor moment.

Sort of sped through the week not much to really talk about. I agree on Tessa/Mariah and their chemistry. Should of made Noah gay as none of his relationships have worked at all IMHO.

Mishael M. has looked even more amazing than normal since the LA trip. Too bad they give her crap.

Heinle has stepped it up a bit lately. I saw the fire in her when she fired Cane and a few other times. That's what I want to see. Not mopey and pouting over Billy.

It has been. Lawd.

More of them next week? LAWD I can't. Such a long freaking exit!

I've enjoyed the Victor forcing Nikki into a concert as her MS flares up.

Hilary is so much better away from Devon! And I like their chemistry but SO much better away from him. Devon/Abby would be a much better couple. I'd even warm up to the idea of Scott/Abby if the actor playing Scott wasn't blah and the whole thing didn't feel contrived and forced.

• Members

Every time I see Nikki "struggle through the pain" all I think about is, BITCH GET SOME HELP!! 

I really want to see Hilary as a full-time straight up villainess. I want her to stop sobbing over Devon and start coming full force for everything he has!

• Members

I've missed the last few episodes. Did Kevin (or anyone) tell Esther that Chloe is alive? 

I've wanted that for so many characters over the years, especially Sharon in that first divorce from Nick when he cheated with Phyllis.  Then I wanted it for Phyllis, but they never go there.  Everyone knows that love scorned can turn to hate and it would be so fun to watch. War of the Roses is one of my favorite movies.

• Members

This girl who plays Mattie only started acting last year and Y&R is the only role she's had. She just got her SAG card for this. I wish they would've chosen some more experienced young actors for these teen roles. 

I didn't care for this concert thing but I did like the look of the event.

Noah needs an woman with alot more fire.

• Members

I don't mind green actors on soaps that much as long as they improve rapidly and don't have many scenes in the beginning.  I wish they had introduced Mattie and Charlie around Christmas and slowly given them some scenes before the inevitable summer romance story.  Bad acting can obliterate the younger set though as anyone who watches DAYS can attest to. That is/was one hell of a mess.

• Members

I think all Kevin told Esther was that he was taking Bella to Portland. I could have missed something though. I almost feel like Esther knows and Chloe let her in on it (off-screen, of course) but probably not.

LOVE War of the Roses!!

• Members

Thank you Kman.  Just when I thought I couldn't resent Kevin, Chloe and Victor any more than I already do they let Esther think her only daughter is dead. I've sympathized with Chloe more than most because I understand why she couldn't forgive Adam. Yes, it was an accident, but he lied for months when he could have just admitted what happened and given Chloe and Billy some peace. Now Esther is going through a similar anguish and Chloe is just ok with that? Ugh. I hate her. 

I've wanted a soap to do a War of the Roses type story forever.  Not to the same extreme, of course.

• Members

I'm not making an excuse. I'm making a point about her clearly not having enough experience in the acting world to be in this role. I can't imagine her audition was great. Her reel sure wasn't and her acting on the show hasn't been. She's not been given material too hard to sell thus far and still isn't selling it

Archived