Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

+1. All of those characters are much needed and could easily be utilized if the writers weren't lazy.

Nina could be filling Jill's role while Jess is dealing with her RL family stuff and SON has discussed potential stories for Traci (especially with Dina around) for years, so the writers have no excuses.

If Gloria can play crucial parts in several different stories and a bunch of mediocre younger actors can receive copious amounts of airtime then Y&R can learn how to balance an extended ensemble cast.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sometimes, I feel I'm watching a different show.  Hilary is never far from Devon's orbit. Even when they don't share scenes they are  talking about each other. And how Sally uses Hilary as a catch all villain and sh!t stirer without any discernable motivations has not been a good mark on her tenure. The writing for Hilary has improved dramatically the last 3 weeks though. Hoping it continues. 

• Members

+1

Another +1

+1

You mean Ron doesn't like Ravi? What? This is BRAND NEW INFORMATION

Please register in order to view this content

Love ya Ron but Ravi really isn't that bad. Boring and pointless NOW but he had potential. He's FAR too isolated. And why is it considered propping of him? He's barely on anymore.

• Members

Why can't we have both Ravi and Traci.? Drop Chelsea and recur Michael and there is room for both. Jabot has zero employees beside Ashley, Jack, Gloria, and Phyllis works for Fenmore's. At least Ravi makes Jabot seem like a business.  Traci is  an author. She can write from anywhere, why not GC? 

• Members

Y&R has issues building a viable group of 20-30 year old characters.

The show has no problem forming teen scenes each summer and having the vets play musical beds every couple of years but when it comes to generations x and y the writers have no clue what to do.

• Members

Part of the problem is how they write for characters. If they weren't so he!l bent on limiting some folks to certain orbits, it'd be easier. Ravi should have been interacting with his contemporaries all along.  

Whether they are sleeping together or not doesn't solve the problem of him being isolated to her. 

• Members

Agreed ...

and I don't think they use Ravi purposely instead of Traci, it's not like it's one or the other, but I think Traci should be the go-to, Ravi should serve another purpose. They've definitely squandered his potential but I don't get hating him. To each their own, not bashing anyone for not liking him, but it seems the hatred is based on the fact that he's not a carboard cutout model hunk. I've said plenty of times they've wasted him, they took away his quirks for the makeover, they've made him bland but he's hardly the worst issue in the world. He makes a couple of appearances a month now, he's hardly shoved down our throats. And it's just comical because he's on and suddenly you get a post about how much he sucks, etc. but there's more to the show than Ravi ... I'll shut up about it. I could honestly take or leave him at this point but I get it, some of you don't like him.

Archived