Netflix: One Day at a Time

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh, dear God, the "Three to Get Ready" opening sequence!  And that theme song!  It's straight out of the Sweeney Sisters' repertoire (and I don't mean that in a good way).

Interestingly, they retained Ann's original nursing career for the reboot.

Schneider's entrance was just as creepy with Julie and her friend alone in the apartment than it was in the second pilot with Ann alone in the living room.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Awkward introduction aside (she comes in and starts cleaning like it's her place?), Marcia Rodd's Gail was a good supporting character who would've fit in nicely as the Rhoda to Bonnie Franklin's Ann.  Too bad BF's ego wouldn't allow the spotlight to shine on anyone but her.

And since when was Annie Romano married to Serpico?

Edited by Khan

• Members

For an episode with a host of (good) celebrity guest stars, the Season 3 premiere may be one of the show's funniest of all time. I am so proud of Melissa Fumero, and Stephanie Beatriz is always good.

Despite having one of the less showy parts the kid playing Alex has become an MVP, especially with Rita Moreno. "Does anybody want to see pictures of me at homecoming? With the Cuban girl I will probably marry!" And the aunt across the room saying 'she looks Puerto Rican!' Too much.

"Somebody give Tia Divorced a color wheel!"

• Members

I just watched it yesterday evening and agree with you. Gloria and Melissa were great, and Liz Torres was an awesome surprise. It’s a very smart choice to start developing the extended family. Hopefully we see more guest appearances from them.

The cousin telling Elena that her entire identity doesn’t have to revolve around being gay was one of those little things that only this show can do. I don’t keep up with awards shows, but they better be winning all the GLAADs.