Netflix: One Day at a Time

• Members

In that case, what about a cable network?  The more I think about ODAAT going to one of the "Big Four" (or Five or Six), the more I'm afraid that network will interfere creatively and cause viewers to complain and jump ship.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What the [!@#$%^&*] is SonyCrackle?

I feel like that's a convo they'd have to have up front given the background of this show (especially at ABC given their black-ish controversy, which led to them getting dinged by critics and having Kenya Barris begin a slow exit from the network) and either agree to terms or not at all.

I don't feel FX or whatever is a good place for it. Who watches sitcoms on those unless they're reruns? I feel it should be on network or streaming.

Edited by Vee

• Members

SonyCrackle (formerly just Crackle) is Sony's streaming outfit.  I don't use the service, so I don't know whether they have remained free (with ads), but I know they offer a mix of original stuff and shows from the Sony library.

Given that Sony owns ODAAT, too, having new eps run on SonyCrackle makes tremendous sense.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It does ring hollow and it's really suspect. I'm glad so many have been outspoken towards Netflix. I knew they'd get a swift reaction but never expected so much backlash. Sadly, I doubt it gets the show picked up anywhere.

Netflix wants to make movies and have high profile stuff. But what they're doing is forgetting what made them special in the first place. It'll eventually backfire. I can guarantee you many will be hesitant to work with them. Maybe not because of this but it does show their true colors. Of course, I've never been a fan of the man running the company (Ted Sarandos? He seems out of touch, personally)

It resonates for a lot of reasons. The cast is stellar. The writing is fabulous. The stories are relevant and interesting. It's a fantastic show. As someone not latinx (but I am gay), it still speaks to me in a lot of ways. But I've always been one to enjoy diversity.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Teehee

I hated the show and couldn't get half way pass season 1. So I am glad it was canceled. I knew with no dvd releases either that this show was toast. BTW....I am latino and it totally bored me. 

Edited by Soapsuds

I hate the show too. Everyone overacts in a cuties pie manner. Everything is WAY to OVERDONE.  They beat you over the head with the fact that their Spanish. I tired recently to watch i couldn't.  It may not be our cup of tea. But Netflix should've given them an ending.  Maybe someone will pick it up. They clearly have a loyal fan base. This incarnation of  ODAAT wasn't for this gay Latino. 

Edited by victoria foxton