Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Netflix: One Day at a Time


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I'm actually not so sure I'd choose Apple.

 

It's not as if Apple can't make up for lost time, they've done it before with iTunes but the marketplace moves even faster since those days. 

We don't know what the streaming landscape will morph into, perhaps there will be a saturation point and maybe it's closer than we think. 

More networks are launching their own streaming services with ad-supported programming and this may grow in popularity and coincide with people getting fed up with the mushrooming of paid services.  It may just spread the market share, where no one company has any big slice of the streaming consumer market.  It will be interesting to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
8 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm actually not so sure I'd choose Apple.

 

It's not as if Apple can't make up for lost time, they've done it before with iTunes but the marketplace moves even faster since those days. 

 

We don't know what the streaming landscape will morph into, perhaps there will be a saturation point and maybe it's closer than we think. 

 

More networks are launching their own streaming services with ad-supported programming and this may grow in popularity and coincide with people getting fed up with the mushrooming of paid services.  It may just spread the market share, where no one company has any big slice of the streaming consumer market.  It will be interesting to see.

 

It's already here for me.  Just thinking about signing up for another service makes me tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Finished the season yesterday and enjoyed it all the way through, of course. I refuse to accept that it just ends right there. These characters have so much life left in them, and we deserve to watch them!

This was a strong season for Schneider and Alex - I came out of it loving both characters so much more than I already had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Will you ever learn to embed, John?

 

@DRW50

 

 

Edited by Vee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I actually have CBS All Access (for now anyway) so I hope it works out. 

 

If Netflix is so spiteful as to not let the show go (I know there are money and rights and so on but if they actually do love the show as much as they claim they will make this work) I'm really going to have to consider whether I keep my subscription with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

If Netflix is so spiteful as to not let the show go (I know there are money and rights and so on but if they actually do love the show as much as they claim they will make this work) I'm really going to have to consider whether I keep my subscription with them.

I have to imagine (read: hope) they wouldn't want to further a situation that already brought them some bad p.r.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Franko said:

I have to imagine (read: hope) they wouldn't want to further a situation that already brought them some bad p.r.

 

Given Netflix supports a show that seems to encourage suicide, I no longer have any hope on that front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It will be a PR debacle if they say no. Ted Sarandos is already on record with an uncharacteristically personal farewell to ODAAT and vowing a commitment to 'telling those stories.' And Norman Lear - TV legend - has apparently appealed to him personally re: the CBS deal. To turn the old man and the show down after that public apologia will put him in a very bad spot. But they still might.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

From last month, but this is rough (note: not Justina Machado's twitter):

 

 

Edited by Vee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy