Netflix: One Day at a Time

• Members

I'm actually not so sure I'd choose Apple.

It's not as if Apple can't make up for lost time, they've done it before with iTunes but the marketplace moves even faster since those days. 

We don't know what the streaming landscape will morph into, perhaps there will be a saturation point and maybe it's closer than we think. 

More networks are launching their own streaming services with ad-supported programming and this may grow in popularity and coincide with people getting fed up with the mushrooming of paid services.  It may just spread the market share, where no one company has any big slice of the streaming consumer market.  It will be interesting to see.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I finished the third season of ODAAT on Netflix and is it just me, or does it seem like the show backloads its strongest episodes toward the middle to end of the season?  A nice, subtle nod to Aretha Franklin in the Ghosts episode.  ODAAT just gives you that classic sitcom feel that you just don't get anymore. 

• Members

Finished the season yesterday and enjoyed it all the way through, of course. I refuse to accept that it just ends right there. These characters have so much life left in them, and we deserve to watch them!

This was a strong season for Schneider and Alex - I came out of it loving both characters so much more than I already had.

• Members

I actually have CBS All Access (for now anyway) so I hope it works out. 

If Netflix is so spiteful as to not let the show go (I know there are money and rights and so on but if they actually do love the show as much as they claim they will make this work) I'm really going to have to consider whether I keep my subscription with them.

• Members

It will be a PR debacle if they say no. Ted Sarandos is already on record with an uncharacteristically personal farewell to ODAAT and vowing a commitment to 'telling those stories.' And Norman Lear - TV legend - has apparently appealed to him personally re: the CBS deal. To turn the old man and the show down after that public apologia will put him in a very bad spot. But they still might.