B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Even if it was completely unrealistic, since I totally stan Rick/Maya - mainly because of JY/KM, the episode did deliver. I'm just surprised it all happened in one episode. I'm looking forward to the fall-out. Thank goodness for DD and $B - the heavy weight of the story/PSA - definitely needed the snark that only $B can give.The Nick thing was bizarre - so this dude who has only reconnected with Maya decides to spill her secret to Ridge? That was completely unrealistic and unnecessary.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I too am disappointed that B&B mostly went with the PSA route and that Rick forgave Maya so easily and quickly. This is a guy who earlier this year went ballistic and fired a gun and was insufferable to many people. I know Brad Bell said this would be a love story but I wish he would've took the time to rebuild Rick/Maya's relationship. It just doesn't ring true that Rick would act this way. Jacob and Karla did a good job though.

• Members

Because of his past reaction to CaRidge (which was all bout Ridge) I knew he wouldnt explode , different relationship, different kind of love I don't thnk its over drama wise and issues are coming, but I LOVED the scenes!

• Members

Agreed. While it came to an unbelievably quick acceptance - Rick probably would've still gotten there - the facts are the same - Maya always loved Rick for Rick and not the other stuff, she supported him - even when no one else would, etc. Rick has never had that in a relationship - at least in his mind. Plus, it was interesting that Rick pulled the "Eric, Jr." card to find common ground with "Myron." Again, as JY has demonstrated these past nine months, when he is given a wealth of material consistently, he is able to bring forth amazing performances. I'm still perplexed that he basically had to wait three years for this. And, I'm still P.O.'d that the writers made Rick/Dick for the past four months to 'spur' this takeover - it could've been done in a better way. I am looking forward to the fallout and the return next week.

• Members

I'm thinking that the other shoe may drop when Rick discovers that Maya's gender transition won't just stay in the family. I wonder whether he will be able to handle everyone else knowing, seeing as he's not known to be made of the strongest emotional stuff. This can't be all there is, right?

As for Rick's reaction to the reveal, it struck me as hella quick-- too quick to be fully realistic, imo.

Even the scenes of Bill sending out the headlines virally fell flat for me.

When Bridget lost her viriginity to Deacon, and parts of the Logan/Forrester clan had to listen to it over the phone- that had more impact than this, just Brooke and Eric wanly looking at the screen of a smartphone. Meh.

Had we seen like, twenty smartphone screens light up at a FC fashion show, it would've had a lot more impact- hell, had we even seen half a dozen phones light up and buzz at a Forrester staff/board meeting while everyone starts checking their smartphones, there would've been a bigger impact than this.

It wasn't a bad episode but it kind of plateaued for me in terms of drama and impact, and I think the impact could have been more dynamic, especially knowing what B&B is known for.

Part of me wanted Ridge to absent-mindedly mention that he has a brother with the same name when Nick introduced himself. I think the actor who plays Nick is good and serviceable in the role but sometimes the dialogue made him appear to be a walking PSA.

Had Caroline been back in town, I would've expected her to be understanding and strangely supportive of Maya while Rick was confused and maybe even takes some time to sort things out (and that's when I might've had Bill send out the headlines virally).

It's weird how some parts of the story dragged, some parts were really dramatic and made me want to tune in only now to have this recent episode feel overly compressed and somewhat rushed in parts. unsure.png

• Members

Bill on Rick: "That is one ugly tie. We should get rid of him just for that" LOL....yes

The show was absolute bulls--t today. Rick barely reacts. What was the point of doing this again? I hate Rick and Maya and they dont deserve to have their happy ending together. They have been so condescending and downright rude to everyone around them and their relationship has breeded such uglyness. Im repulsed how the show is trying to sell them as this big love story when I was here to watch how vile they were a few months ago

Maya is a lying toxic trick. "I never lied to you!" Bitch yes you did! You were born a man and I hate all the double talk with her

I will say Karla Mosely stepped it up and has done great with the material she has been given, even though its crap.

• Members

I couldn't believe what I saw, I was not not expecting that. I weirdly found it comforting and refreshing. After seeing so many sad endings to Transgender stories, it was nice to live in a perfect world for 30mins

Regardless, it was beautifully acted and JM/KM work so well together. They are one pretty couple.

• Members

Oh its def a scandal, which will pobby led to violence down the road by some crazed fan

Awhile back, for months Caroline was a vile borderline racist obsessed bitch who got her happy ending with Rick, now its Maya's turn, especially after the numerous times Bell has billed this story as a lovestory (for now)!

• Members

I commented on Twitter on how I was more than likely done with the show after today. Someone responded that he/she didn't care because they would get a lot of new viewers. I responded and said that the ratings were lower now since Maya's story began. No reply from Twitter poster...

Archived