B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

You can do that but that type of drama is so internal that you will need another big reveal that's common to big memorable splashy soap drama. You can have Maya tell Rick the truth and have Rick wrestle with it and while he and Maya are dealing with it in a way that Rick still thinks is private, you have the later, big reveal to the fashion world at a FC Fashion show, shocking everyone.

And yes, having the news circulate as press, media and glitterati read the headlines on their smart phones during the show stopper (which Maya & Rick have reluctantly agreed to go through with) with Maya strutting the catwalk.

And it would make sense if Spencer Publications were the ones to run those breaking news headlines through Eye on Fashion's blog or something. Bill doing it would have made more sense, rather than what we get, which is Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum fumbling through some lame quasi seduction of a barely legal young woman. At least Don Diamont would be more convincing in his cunning and ruthless ways. Tweedle Dum, not so much.

You can have the quiet reveal of Maya to Rick but it is a soap and B&B, in particular, has always done things in a big splashy way, so IMO, it should be followed by some bigger event that reveals the secret to the fashion world.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I happened to watch Friday's epi live. It was better than I expected. I do like the pairing of Wyatt/Nicole - it's one of those weird ones that works. What cracks me up is that we got the 'special episode' Nicole - you know, where she's all sympathetic and protective of her bro/sis - it was written and played exactly like the 'reveal' episode. It's too bad that they can't incorporate that side to Nicole more often. Anyway, I still can't get over everyone being so 'eh' about the TG issue.

First, these characters have known Maya for two-plus years and because she works with them, they've seen her a lot, throw in the two Ricky romances and there should be more shock. Second, I can get how people in LA and the fashion business wouldn't be phased by different people, but this is FC where they don't even have gay employees! I don't know why they are moving so fast with Eric, Brooke, Ridge - they could've had at least a couple of weeks of material.(They could've sent Rick to Europe, so there wouldn't be an immediacy of a reveal.) While I'm all for speeding up a story, etc., this reveal to those characters should be a huge deal and require processing etc.

The bottom line is the B&B will be a crossroads very soon - Brad promised this is a 'love story,' which means that Rick accepts Maya. Of course, there will be a split, but seeing that B&B is being all PC/PSA on this issue, it can't last long, which won't be realistic. (Just like Carter's reaction. He should be going nuts. Complete freakout - not in a violent way, but so many questions, doubts, etc.) Ultimately, when Rick/Maya are back together, will that mean that JY gets sent to the backburner again? I hope not.

• Members

The Brooke/Maya scenes were EPIC this week. KKL had the best material she got in 10 years on this show and nailed it. Karla Mosley also stepped it up. The rest of the show? Not so much.

The Nicole/Wyatt love story is cute in concept but rushed even for B&B standards. And how stupid can this girl be? Speaking of stupid... Darin Brooks is one sh*tty actor. Unbelievable.

My main grind with the whole transgender story is probably the structuring of the show (in contrast to the usual high speed pacing issues). As there was not a single B or C-story going on, the whole "Maya's secret" story moved along soon unbelievable.

• Members

Agreed on all ..and what will B&B have left after this story is over with?? I feel like the show has lost all focus…it was on fire and then the transgender started and it really lost all steam….even the ratings dropped….the ratings aren't as good as they once were. I still say B&B should have passed on the transgender story and continued with Rick/Maya against everyone else…lets fight it out at Forrester theme with Rick still in love with Caroline…..Maya goes ballistic wants sweet revenge on Rick…turns all Sheila on him and Caroline and everyone else who hurt her….

• Members

Must have been after he wanted Hope to have that abortion so he could be with her. The way they are writing the two brothers is ridiculous. Liam is the one who should be all about telling the world and not Wyatt. I hate the way the writers are writing Wyatt. Maya's story sure has sucked!

• Members

He does? Since when? Men who want someone to abort their baby so they can be together is not someone who has a conscience, nor is someone who puts a stalker app on someone's phone so they can stalk that person 24/7.

Nice try though, Liam is more like Bill than Wyatt can ever dream of being

I thought the same thing, I rme every time someone says Liam has a conscience or whatnot lol, cause he doesn't. Someone with a conscience wouldn't do what he did to Steffy & Hope

Not to mention how he was SALIVATING at the thought of Rick having some juicy secret he can expose, no to mention he works for a gossip rag lol

• Members

he didn't want her to have an abortion. It was an option he presented to her and when she said she couldn't he gladly supported her decision. Posters are blowing it way out of proportion. It never came up again and he didn't try to pressure her or hold it against her. He was prepared to marry her and raise that baby as his own. People act like he was championing for her to end the pregnancy like it was a deal breaker

Archived