B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

And I agree Cheap….for Maya to get a pass for lying is just beyond horrible…she has been an awful person to everyone working at Forrester and has let Rick step on everyone that cares for him and has gloated about it. I feel nothing for Maya….the bitch should have gotten blasted for lying.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That's exactly why I can't get behind this "love story". We saw them act like that just earlier this year and they never had their comeuppance. And now they're being written as some big romance. Give me a break.

• Members

This! Talk about anti-climactic. There should have been more light and shade in terms of reactions. So far we have Rick and every single member of his family being fine with it... I mean, it's RICK. He's always been a hothead, he shot someone when he was just a kid, and he shot at Caroline just for kissing Ridge.

And I can't with "Of course you changed your name! Who would give a little girl an old man's name?" The idea of trans is so off his radar that he can't figure out (or is not letting himself go there) after she says my insides didn't match my outsides, I'm on estrogen, and my name is freaking Myron... but two seconds later, he totally accepts it?

And he didn't even ask her about her daughter, which is one of the first things he should have asked when she was talking about her ex. I guess the writers feel like they explained it once and they're never going to bother again.

This storyline is really missing Caroline's input.

• Members

That's the main reason why I asked in a previous post whether this is all there is to this story and mentioned if another shoe was waiting to drop. This can't be it, can it?

I had thought at least Rick would've asked for some space to sort things out. In the midst of him (trying to) make peace with this entirely new situation, that's when the Bill going viral with the news should've dropped.

The actors all performed well, but like I said earlier, this fell flat, probably because it read too PSA-ish. Also, certain things were dragged out too long, while other aspects were practically glossed over.

Why do soaps today have such a hard time doing proper storyline projections over the longterm. The actual layout of the story always seems so uneven.

• Members

thats exactly how the story was written months ago and I think would have played out had LG not gotten into that accident. Rick could barely even bring himself to say he loved Maya and everyone around him was saying he was only using her bc he still loved Caroline and was lashing out bc of those feelings. With no Caroline around, they couldnt put Rick on the backburner and they've since focused solely on Maya

• Members

she forced his hands after Ridge and others kept making a point that he never told her he loved her. When Maya backed him into a corner, he tried to dance around it before spitting it out and the way it was written it came across like he wanted to prove Ridge wrong as he was there gabbing about it the next time they saw each other

• Members

There was no forcing, Maya had no leverage to force anything LOL. And it wasn't Ridge but Carter who called Maya out, which led to Maya calling Rick out n then the ILYs, unlike Caroline who never called Rick out when he rebounded to her, she was a ok being a rebound. Rick has always 4given Maya when she lies by omission, heck he 4gave hr for the Carter kiss cause he knew Maya was his, unlike Caro who finally admitted she fell for Ridge while claiming it was just kisses LOL

• Members

I liked that Rick accepted everything, but it all sort of felt flat.....and for some reason I was half expecting Rick to say he already knew...that would have been a bigger twist....

It also seemed liked the whole scene that Maya did not specifically say she was transgender....I know she basically described the physical changes and Rick knew what she was talking about, but it does make me wonder if there would have been more of an impact if Maya flat out said she was transgender.

• Members

What was with Eric's random line about making out with Brooke in her car? huh.png

Nick just met Ridge and was practically dropping anvils about Maya. TK is reminding me more and more of Eric Braeden.

Oof, those schmactors playing Bill's employees...

That shot of Rick's phone blowing up with all the alerts was priceless.

I agree that the reveal felt a little flat. Not that Rick needed to go off the deep end and throw sh!t but it all just felt sort of... boring. Like, "Okay, now what?" It really caught my attention through when Maya started talking about the procedures she had done. I wasn't expecting them to get that specific.

• Members

Exactly, it's like I'm yet to be convinced that Rick is truly in love with her. I feel like I've missed the beats where it was firmly established that his love is real and this is no longer just a ruse to stick it to Caroline.

Archived