B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish all the shows were 1/2 hour and if they were bring the cancelled ones by and make them all a half hour..Daytime TV was made for soaps..Leave it to the bigshots to mess this up with their outdated "rating" system that they throw at us everytime they cancel a show..copout is what it is.

• Members

Ugh to Katie being a walking PSA on transgenders. She was stupid when she said its 2015, and no one would care if the FC lead model was born a man. Its not about Maya being a model; its about her being with Rick. If this came out about any celebrity in real life, the world would care and it would be a big sensational story.

What was the point of Wyatt learning the secret and telling Bill so they could blindside Rick, only to have him tell Ridge that he told? Now we have Ridge over to stop the headlines before it becomes a scandal (which it should be)

Im sorry but I dont want Maya to get a happy ending with Rick. They dont deserve one and I hate the direction that this story is going.

• Members

You know they are…..

Thats why I want Steffy and Co. to bring them down…..

I hate how Rick is totally in love with Maya…he should have been using her to get over Caroline…instead we got this hot mess…..Rick is laying it real thick on how great Maya is…gag me...

• Members

Well people, blame GLAAD for this story being so PC. It's been said that Brad is consulting with them. Seeing as I am a member of the LGBT community, I am not too thrilled with this story being so PC either. I've said from the start that I wanted grit, and I actually would like for Rick to go off the deep end and brutally attack [not kill] Maya once the secret come out. That's a current event that is in the news and still hot. For it to be made a story would make B&B hotter than it is now.

Soaps gotta stop worrying about offending people. That's what they are supposed to do so they can open people's eyes.

• Members

I've had man issues with the Maya story and Rick/Dick personality turn. I wasn't thrilled with the PSA aspect, but I've reconsidered. B&B is camp and it's good that they aren't treating it in a sensational or shocking way. The blackmail hasn't been great and not the S/L choice I woildve made but I get it.

I'm glad they let Maya tell Rick. Oh and I loved $B's headlines: Rick Forrester in a Trans. Dead!

• Members

Rick was giving me Joey Tribbiani from Friends aura all through that dialogue. That dialogue made Rick look like someone incapable of dressing himself in the morning let alone running a successful fashion house. By the time Maya got to the birth certificate, Rick should've figured it out--most teenage boys today would've picked up on what Maya was alluding to.

Well, $Bill is lending some soap authenticity to the storyline with his reaction, even though it didn't really come off as the truth when he claimed it wasn't about Maya, it was about Rick. Of course, it's about both of them, or he wouldn't be using one to get to the other.

Still, I'm reasonably entertained and it's a helluva lot better than that crap formerly known as the Young and the Restless.

Archived