B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Just watched online, I can hardly wait until Monday... haven't felt that way about a soap in forever. I agree with Kenerly that 30 minutes (well, 19 minutes, more like it) is sufficient, and yes, I would take more shows in that format over the hour. Too bad that won't likely happen in network daytime ever again (*sad trumpets* for Prospect Park). B&B is perfect soap viewing for my life right now, incredibly easy to keep up with and leaves me wanting more (especially as B&B is forever recapping sh!t).

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree. Friday was a good episode and I also can't wait for Monday.

I also agree about the 30 min format. Maybe it's because I watch foreign soaps (which are mostly 30 mins) as well, but I've always preferred soaps being 30 mins to an hour. Not only is it easier for viewers (you can easily watch B&B while making dinner or if you save them for the weekend, it's only 2 1/2 hours minus commercials, basically a movie length), while also I feel is easier on the production end as well (you are only writing half as much story so a HW shouldn't get burned out as fast and don't have as big of a cast to write for)

• Members

When P&G announced Guiding Light's cancellation, I mentioned that I thought that As The World Turns should go to 30 Minutes because people were looking at ATWT as the next soap in jeopardy. When ATWT was being cancelled, I wondered wistfully whether both shows could've survived if they had tried each tried a 30 Minutes format.

Although the more I thought about it, I eventually came to the conclusion that P&G was so intent on getting out of producing soaps that they were no longer interested in preserving those shows, at all.

Prospect Park temporarily gave rise to the hope that perhaps other soaps could be revived in the 30 Minutes format but with the exception of B&B, no American daytime soaps seem to be interested in that possibility, no matter how bad the soap gets.

Even though I found myself saying "...just spit it out Maya" several times, the show cleverly (mostly clever) was pretty decent this week about building anticipation. It's nice to see a cliffhanger, even an anticipated one, that doesn't fall flat (*coughs* like Y&R).

• Members

Damn it's going to be so uninteresting to see Rick stressing over the fact that Maya was not honest with him instead of the fact that he's been sleeping with a transgender. ''If only you were HONEST/would've told me (when we first met)''. Ugh.

I agree with the people who said this storyline is too politically correct and the above will just be another example of that. It'd be much more interesting if Rick would understand why Maya couldn't tell him, and forgives her, but would still be conflicted (even repulsed) because he's been sleeping with a transgender.

• Members

Being transgender feels so irrelevant to this story. Maya could have lied about her name bc she used to be a con artist that got engaged to rich men and swindled them out of their money but she's stopped that and truly fallen for Rick. It seems the reaction would be the same with her lying and keeping a secret being the biggest issue. I dont get why B&B would tell this story if they werent going to actually tell the story.

• Members

I know this is so 2 weeks ago but I'm just getting to these eps now...WTF?? It ended on a bombshell cliffhanger of Brooke saying "I KNOW" to Maya and the next ep it's the next morning and she didn't tell Maya after all? WTF?? How are we supposed to believe Maya didn't know what Brooke was talking about when she slammed and stared her down like that

The following Brooke/Maya scenes "the next day" were great but this was a true WTF. Like what even.

• Members

PS. Scott Clifton is a horrible, grating actor right now. The scenes when Liam came back to the boathouse and forced Wyatt to tell him the secret were unbearable. The endless thirst from him and the rest has been too much.

However, I did love that cliffhanger w/Wyatt getting all giddy over exposing the scandal to the press. LOL. Darin did a wonderful job.

Him & Maya are too cute.

Archived