GH: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really feel today is a great counter argument to the hundreds of posts online saying TG should go, TG sucks, TG and Luke are played out and similar thoughts. I can't think of a single other actor on the show who could pull off an episode like today the way he did, or the two Lukes meeting last year or so many other great scenes over the years. He's the best the show has, the show knows it, and he'll probably win an emmy this year and perhaps next as well.

• Members

So GH shows they can deliver with tense drama based on history.

Searching for this episode online I caught yesterday's effort-what a contrast! Ridiculous storylines full of criminals trying to outsnark each other.

Why does the quality stuff get reduced to one off eps?

BTW Geary did a great job.He should consider a restyle because the scarecrow look distracts from his talents.

• Members

That was a terrific eppy! Very well done!

Super good casting with the kids, and a very good use of LW. Geary, I had no doubt he could take us there, and he did.

Q, people wanted Geary gone because the "story" went on forever and the plot changed way too many times. Geary was a clown for an entire year, but yesterday pulled it together. Plot holes and all, it was a wonderful eppy.

Kind of begs the question why TIIC don't strive for excellence regularly?

• Members

Well if an episode like this is shown all the time, then yes, Geary is THE man. But let's be honest: we were extremely lucky to get this episode. Most episodes don't make sense and Luke is often made to be downright unlikable. That may work in the movies when you get to leave after 2 hours, but most of us have watched (and loved) Luke for 30 years. We don't like to continuously watch a character we don't like.

Maybe things will turn around for GH after this episode but I won't hold my breath.

• Members

When will these idiots learn? The audience is always -- ALWAYS -- one step ahead of the characters. It's called dramatic irony and it's what soaps are supposed to be about. So you don't throw out everything and make an already convoluted story even more so because the audience has done their job. You just keep pulling on the taffy, to quote Bill Bell and Irna Phillips, delaying the reveal and making the writing awesome in the meantime.

Frank and Ron and everyone else certainly delayed this as long as they could...but was the end result worth all the crap we had to suffer through?

Ironically, though, I think THIS was much better than their original intent. It rewrites established history (sorry, Marland!) but it's actually much richer than what we have accepted and believed all along (again, Marland, REAL sorry!). Of course, it also kills my fantasy of having Larry Bryggman come aboard to play an older, wiser, thoroughly repentant Tim Spencer, but...sigh...whatevs.

Archived