GH: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well the story changed for the better today was an epic masterpiece best soap I have seen in 15 years. Everyone everywhere is raving about today.GH will sweep all the emmys next year for this

Well the story changed for the better today was an epic masterpiece best soap I have seen in 15 years. Everyone everywhere is raving about today.GH will sweep all the emmys next year for this

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't it originally the plan that Fluke would turn out to be Bill Eckert?

Yes. That was the case when I was first told the story by Ron and [executive producer] Frank Valentini on the phone. They didn't quite know how it was going to work out. At first, I was definitely playing two different people, and the assumption was that Fluke was Bill Eckert. But I think when the fans started to guess that outcome—Ron monitors all of the comments so closely—they decided there was a better way to go. They did one more red herring—that period where maybe Fluke would be Faison or Jerry Jacks or the other Quartermaine guy—and it was pretty ridiculous with the masks and all. [Laughs] I know you and I love those masks! My whole career I've always looked at those moments as, "Okay, right now we're in comic book world and there's no point in trying to justify it. Let's just get through this f--king day and hope for something better tomorrow."

Bwahahahahaha

• Members

It sounds like TG has a very complicated relationship with the current management.

Ron has always haunted various boards and some of us were onto Eckert early. That also explains why, originally, they'd supposedly been casting about for an actor to appear as an adult Sly, and had considered returns for Jenny and Julia Barrett and so on. This was mid-last year, IIRC. Everything about the first year of this dumb story ties back to Eckert - the Eckerts, Barrett Industries, Fluke mentioning Tracy paying for "what she did to my sister". They dropped all that when Ron threw a fit.

Sometimes it's worth more to tell a coherent [!@#$%^&*] story as opposed to just trying to pull one over on an audience you resent. They drop so much planned stuff on this show on the fly for too many reasons, but stick to the bigger, dumber ideas forever.

• Members

So back to Fluke almost being Bill Eckert…

Well, I was away from the show for several months, after my back surgery, and I assumed that when I got back we'd pick up with the Bill Eckert [reveal], especially after they dug up his grave and it was empty. But, by then, they had decided on a different plan. When I was called to Frank's office, he told me that this other personality had been Luke all the time, and I cheered! Not only did I love the idea but it meant that people like Tracy weren't being stupid. I mean, wouldn't she have known if she'd gone to bed with someone other than Luke? That was always bothering me but Jane's just so amazing. She's, like, "All right, we're on the Titanic. I'm just going to play this the best I can and f--k the lifeboats!" And she did. She managed to keep her character smart through the dumbest of actions but, thanks to this reveal, Fluke being Luke totally justifies Tracy's behavior. It really fixes a lot of things in retrospect. I've been racking my brain and can't think of a single thing that this doesn't explain.

love the comments by Jane……LOL

• Members

You're gonna regret bringing this up.

Now we're gonna find out Tracy is transgender and, when she was man, she raped Bobbie at the brothel. That'll cover up the retcon *and* give B&B a run for their money! And it'll perfectly explain why Edward had such a complicated relationship with Tracy…He always wanted a son to run the company, and he had one, until she transitioned…Edward was never able to rap his head around the transition, or the idea of leaving his company to a daughter.

• Members

Next year's it will sweep everything. I think it was probably the single biggest masterpiece daytime has seen and will ever see. What I saw on TV was so brilliant I had goosies from head to toe.

You right embarrassed they got 28 emmy nominations and thus episode is trending everywhere. These guys are doing dance of joy.

• Members

I do wonder if that Jane Elliot line about being on the Titanic is a direct quote. I think she's too discreet for that. I'm reminded of that interview where she asked if every member of the Monty family was dead before proceeding with an old anecdote.

• Members

And the thing is - so what if we guessed the truth? This story was never going to be genius, whether it was a literal evil twin (Eckert) or this mess. But at least you could still tell a coherent, cohesive story where everything adds up, and maybe settle some old stuff like dealing with the Eckerts, which I personally would have found interesting if they really had brought some people back.

Ron [!@#$%^&*] up plenty, but one thing he has consistently tried to do since taking over (with pushback, I suspect, from Tony Geary) is soften Luke up a bit, get him back in touch with his humanity and his better self. He tried a lot in his first two years, especially in trying to address Luke's drinking, which they then had to walk away from. I think they'd originally intended to use this Bill/Fluke story to highlight Luke's better nature in relation to Bill's darkness, keep slowly rebuilding the character. It would never have been a great tale in soap opera history but it could have been fun. Instead, because Ron's ego can't take a modern audience being able to connect the dots, he has to trash all that out of pique and do a story where Luke is now a psychotic criminal mastermind. For what? What's the point? What is the upshot?

• Members

Oh god, this better not mean another Liz baby on the way.

Liz Webber Fan ‏@KarenJNTN 7m7 minutes ago Nashville, TN
#AskGH @RebeccaLHerbst Any chance #GH will bring some more Hardys & Webbers to the canvas? Liz needs more family & friends @valentinifrank

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank 36s37 seconds ago
@KarenJNTN @RebeccaLHerbst Liz's family will grow this summer... @GeneralHospital #GH

Archived