GH: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so what caused Luke to crack? They want to pinpoint his parents death as the source of it all, but he was pretty much fine for nearly 30 years. Was there something that happened 2 years ago which would cause him to turn into a psychopath? Any GH watchers that can think of anything specific?

she's too old? I didnt think it was much of an issue

• Members
Im calling bullsh-t on that bc the implication is that Luke was secretly a psychopath long before Heather had him abducted. They may not have "met" but he funded Julian and was his boss prior to him coming back to town with the goal to take over Sonny's territory. Thats like several months to a year before the Miscavage nonsense

• Members

Well, RC also cited how Luke would disappear to Amsterdam for months at a time whenever he felt "the darkness" taking over again. He did so in order to spare that side of himself from his loved ones (even though, as I argue, they saw enough of it to hate it) but perhaps, during one of those fugues, Luke (as Fluke) set his plans into motion.

• Members

Putting aside the fact that he was blatantly lying about the story's genesis - Tony Geary already outed him as having hastily rewritten it when we learned the truth - Ron's explanation about Fluke doesn't make much sense. He says Fluke would take over and Luke would go off on trips and adventures to purge his darkness, but he also says the ECT he underwent in Miscavige last January set him off big time. According to Julian he met Luke in Witness Protection years ago, and Fluke's capers apparently go years and years back. Which is it? Ron doesn't know, he's still figuring it out.

• Members

I got a good laugh out of someone calling out the usual asskissing nature of that interview and getting the usual response from the one or two "Cartini" boosters who patrol GH-related threads to police and tut-tut over the smaller and smaller amount of posters. That site built itself on the fantasy of Guza, Ron, and MAB, and has never been the same without their heroes saving the day through misogyny and stale camp.

• Members

I will say LW did a wonderful job and those two kids playing Luke and Pat were very good and need contract roles - maybe Chloe Lanier (Pat) can be the elusive Christina Baldwin. I thought a couple things were a bit campily directed, like Tim hitting Pat with this wide cartoonish swing, and Lena splayed out on the ground like Wile E. Coyote. But those two young actors were so good, as was Laura (and even TG), that it was genuinely wrenching and emotional to watch. It also helps that Frank actually let the family scenes play out, as opposed to cutting and cutting to different things to keep 18-29s watching. It was not Shakespeare per se, or even Eastenders, but it was still harrowing family drama.

If it's true that Mark Teschner found and cast the kids solo (as in, sans Frank or Ron), maybe that's the difference on some of these hires. He used to have an excellent eye for talent. And Liz Korte, the last remaining pre-Ron scriptwriter, still can do some subtlety. I do wonder what this would have looked like if they'd still had Jill Mitwell to direct, who did so much great work at OLTL for decades. I am not sure if she's been blackballed, since she also returned to do PP's OLTL in 2013 (including the premiere episode which was nominated for an Emmy where GH was not).

Jackie Zeman has been doing a lot better performance-wise for awhile - she's gotten less scared to be subtler in her acting, more like how she used to be. She doesn't use the baby-voice and big eyes as much to try to overcome her surgical alterations, like she's been doing for five or six years now. I will always love her, and credit where it's due, she was very emotional on Wednesday's show, in tears even in just those exposition scenes with Dee Wallace. She also, surprisingly at this juncture, out-acted TG some weeks back when Fluke was in jail, and he was howling and hamming it up.

• Members

I think they patched some of the holes well, but I think you could've told a very similar flashback story to this episode without having it be about Crazy Luke. I just think as a standalone piece it has its merits, the drama and performances in this single episode are great, but in the service of the larger, ludicrous storyline where Luke is a psychotic weekend crime boss trying to molest young women, what are we looking at? He's tried to kill everyone from Bobbie to Ned and he sold cocaine to kids!

• Members

We'll never get her. After thinking about it the past day or two, I don't even want her back on this GH. I don't want her to be tarnished at all. Ron would have a field day with her mental illness.

I'd rather Genie go to DAYS and reprise her role as Diana. John and Marlena are in desperate need of an interloper any way.

Archived