GH: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm not here for all the discussion of Alexis' kneecaps nipples, or that irritating little boy. I thought Benard was decent considering his scene partner, Erica Kane, Jr.

No follow up on the Spencers? Well, off screen storylines are going to explain this, I guess...

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't saying that the episode constituted a payoff. My point was about Jim Reilly and how I used to feel about him. Every now and then he forced me to give him his due.

I am not surprised that Liz Korte wrote the episode, and she probably deserves a lot of the credit, kind of like the way Michele Val Jean deserved a lot of credit for writing the episode where Lucky found out that Luke once raped Laura. But the difference is that MVJ came up with the entire storyline. RC probably came up the concept for the episode and what specific things he wanted to be in it. And Frank Valentini probably did the casting. And the two of them probably decided on Laura Wright as Lena, along with Jason and Becky as Steve and Jessie. LW really delivered IMO. (And I'm not a big Carly fan).

• Administrator

I don't think Elizabeth Korte should get all the credit. Korte wrote the dialogue, and Daniel James O'Connor wrote the episode outline, and of course Carlivati had a hand in shaping the outline. I think Carlivati once said that DJO is the GH historian on the writing staff.

• Members

This is wildly OT but I have been in more than one nice place, where the furniture, even the dining rooms chairs are intentionally made to not match. One chair was an iron antique, another was this bare bone wood thing. It's a style choice and can be interesting and lead to conversation.

• Members

Anthony Geary admits he loves playing Luke like this, but I just cannot get behind or feel any sympathy for or interest in a serial killer and rapist who never pays for his crimes.

How many people has Luke killed, or even tried to kill, at this point?

Back in the day, soaps had a moral core with characters like Steve Hardy and Jessie Brewer. I think any drama becomes ineffective when there's no conflict between "good" and "evil," only various degenerates running amok, unchecked. This problem could be fixed with layered, complex, mature writing for complicated characters; writing we are not likely to see on daytime again, any time soon.

• Members

1. Lena

2. Tim

3. Mikkos

4. David Gray

5. Stavros

6. Peter Harrell

7. Frank Smith

8. Katherine Bell

9. Helena

10. Stavros again

11. Cameron Lewis

12. Stefan

13. Helena again

14. Jake

15. Shot up Nikolas with a dangerous drug to wake him up

16. Helena!

----

as "I killed my parents Luke"

17. Sexually harassed Kiki

18. Held Ned at gunpoint

19. Said he was gonna murder a 8 year old girl to get back at Spencer Cassadine

20. Tried to kill Ava

21. Tried to kill Alexis

22. Had Lucas shot

23. Killed some random guy

24. Ned again

25. Lucas again!

26. Drugged Ric

27. Blew up Alexis' house because he "felt like it"

28. Tried to kill Michael

29. Tried to kill Julian

30. Tried to kill Jordan

31. Julian again

32. Beat up Dante and left him for dead

33. Ordered Sonny, Julian, and Ava dead

34. Tried to kill the whole damn town on the Haunted Star

35. Julian

36. Tried to kill Spencer

37. Almost shot Nikolas

38. Threatened to kill his daughter and grandfather

39. Wanted to kill Diane

40. Tried to kill Nathan

41. Bit off Scott's ear

42. Nina

43. Held his niece hostage and beat her

44. Held his wife, sister, and daughter at gunpoint

*magically cured when someone tells them that they love him*

Yet, the press still thinks this is a wonderful storyline!

• Members

Cameron Lewis I had to think twice about. Luke killed him? And Katherine Bell? I don't remember him trying to kill her. I remember Stefon shot her and Helena basically sent her over the parapet twice.

Oh! And let's not forget he shot Sean Donnelly too.

Archived