DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Members

As an Edge fan, Raven, I can certainly attest to that. We never saw the police station as a whole, just Derek's office and maybe Calvin sitting at his desk from time to time. The Karr home was a typical middle class P&G home of the 1970s and 1980s.

The sets weren't glamorous, but as long as Henry Slesar's scripts were excellent you didn't notice.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's exactly the point. It's like Peapack, give me a good script, good acting and I will ignore the fact that they're literally having a scene in a yard full of junk ... well, maybe not, but sets don't matter as much if the writing is on par and I'm entertained. EVERYTHING about Days is just ... blah. It's going through the motions and that's obvious.

Considering they have such leeway in terms of plotting and taping the show should be a lot better than it is. We should be building towards an amazing 50th celebration and instead it's just the same old same old.

• Members

The new nightclub is definitely a step up from Club TBD, though it's still a weird choice of venue. What we really need is a Chez Rouge-esque fancy restaurant. There's a hole in the show any time a couple needs to go out for a nice date. Plus, they could use it for formal events, business lunches, use the bar area for drinks, etc. I think that and a boarding-house type of place (where floaters like Serena, Nicole, and Paul could have rooms, which could be one set that gets redressed, or there could just be a common area shown) would really help with coming up with places for people to go and cross with one another naturally. They need to be thinking in terms of efficiency and multi-purpose sets. At least everyone hasn't been hanging out in that godforsaken clearing in the park so much lately...

• Members

Thank You. I never got on soaps when people lived at Hotels. Really is everyone rich. Like you said more boarding houses. hell Roxy's apartment complex/Hotel on OLTL was more realistic. Most people cannot afford to live in a fancy hotel for years on end.

• Members

I agree the show must be broke but i don't understand this..... In compared to the 2014 budget days is no longer paying Ali Sweeney, James Scott AND Eileen Davidson (mainly). That has to be a TON of money!!! WHERE is rht money going? (Not to mention cutting the mansion sets!) my only hope

Is that they are SAVING that money to use for the 50th! (Something tells me

TPTB aren't that smart!)

• Members

I agree the show must be broke but i don't understand this..... In compared to the 2014 budget days is no longer paying Ali Sweeney, James Scott AND Eileen Davidson (mainly). That has to be a TON of money!!! WHERE is rht money going? (Not to mention cutting the mansion sets!) my only hope

Is that they are SAVING that money to use for the 50th! (Something tells me

TPTB aren't that smart!)

Archived