DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol. No. Cheap. No. Higley is awful. But if you enjoyed her, I'm glad someone did, LOL

She was so bad a PETITION got her fired. Fans revolted against her. I will never understand this re-hiring.

I'm with marceline that this is probably the end of the road for DAYS and Higley is who will be wrapping this up. Jennifer and Daniel wedding ya'all!! Happy 50th Days!

• Members

LOL

To be fair, from 2006-2012 the show has been a hot mess no matter who's writing. I know he gets ragged on but I'd take Sheffer and Ed Scott back in a heartbeat. Sheffer just needed a stronger co-HW who can reel him in.

2013 was Tomsell's best year by far. 2009 I guess would be Higley's. Wasn't that the year of the babyswitch? I still don't really think it was as great as everyone seems to make it out to be though.

I'd love nothing more than to have Higley and Griffith suddenly bring vets back, write a compelling story and be the writers who 'get' the show but I just don't see it. Higley has given me nothing to go on. But at least with her Hope had airtime.

With Higley you had Johnny lose an eye, Theo have autism, Bo and Hope chasing goop, Club Echelon, Roman was paired with Kate (and while that wasn't horrible, the Rex/Cassie re-write was), Daniel and Melanie were still propped, Philip and Nathan fell at their feet for Melanie, Carbo/Hope was a mess, John and Marlena were out, Shelle were out, Steve/Kayla were out (though I'd blame budget cuts and Tomlin who was the EP more so), Sami the heroine (though Sheffer started that ish) ... but then MarDar had a hot mess as well and then Tomsell had, IMO, a great 2013 (minus Chloe using Parker to get Daniel back and taking away Philip's child, but at least they used Nancy).

We have to remember Tomlin took over as EP with Higley still writing. So who knows who's responsible for what.

I appreciated Tomlin for a few things, such as the brief appearances of Laura, Jessica and Nancy. Melissa was brought back for Mickey and Alice, so props to them.

To me Tomsell and Higley have their flaws. I just want to know what happened with Tomsell from 2013 to now? 2013 was on fire. I couldn't wait to rush home and watch. I hadn't felt that for DAYS in a very very long time (no it wasn't perfect but it felt like they had an actual story, beats were played ...). 2014 was all down hill.

• Members

Also, I forgot all about Carly. I loved the character of Carly during her original run. But her story only became compelling when she got hooked on drugs. And that was all the actress, because the reason why was stupid. Bo cheated, and Hope evaporated until she went crazy.

• Members

I think Tomlin/Whitesell just ran out of steam. Their 2012-2013 were largely great, and that has a ton to do with the arcs driven by Kristen and Nick. When those stories wrapped up, it became clear they were just floating on the fumes of what had come before. The things most positioned to take their place were the Jordan story (blech) and the "great love" of JJ and Paige (blech again). Instead of cranking out scripts until 2019, they should have taken like an 8-week sabbatical to "re-bible" the show following Sami's departure.

• Members

I think Tomlin and Whitesell ran out of ideas. They got days their emmy in 2013. They had a banner 2013 mostly due to Eileen. Losing Eileen and Alison Sweeney. Also slow the show done it's taped top ahead and fast. They are cutting corners. Shorten 5 months to 3 months. U are still a good amount ahead what's happening is there is no room to change stuff. The Jordan stuff would have been axed quickly. Their ratings fell it was time for a change. Why not Griffith be by himself or with a head writer he gas worked for in the past like Jean P who has 22 years in biz and wrote many years with him at oltl

• Members

No.

I've never understood why they allow the production-vs-airdate lead to get longer and longer, though. Why can't they go dark for 6-8 weeks and let the lead dwindle down a little?

I do think this decision was a reaction to the bombs of the Poplar Bluff crew, Paige, and now Serena.

• Members
Pretty much. It also probably doesn't help that the vets likely have a 1.5 episode guarantee and the newbies have 3-4 episode guarantees. That much is clear by the amount of wasted airtime so many people get. The balance won't change unless the episode guarantees do. It makes for a very uneven show.

And Jonny, my god the way you pimp out Jean P. that bitch needs to hire you as her manager. Seriously. I've never seen so much promotion for a hack. Stop trolling for a reaction (which I gave you) by constantly name dropping her. It's tired.

• Members

To the ones saying Dena doesn't do a bible, wasn't it her bible originally that lead to her hiring before JER came on for his second round. Ken went on and on but this indepth very detailed story bible.

I for one am glad Dena is coming on along with Josh. Neither are perfect but it will be a hell of a lot better than the old dinosaur Tomlin and that hack Whitesell.

Archived