DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Higley had a problem of poor pacing.. with Lorraine Broderick there as associate head-writer.. the pacing will be better. Griffith can provide the character driven material.. and Higley can provide the plotting.

Higley had a problem of poor pacing.. with Lorraine Broderick there as associate head-writer.. the pacing will be better. Griffith can provide the character driven material.. and Higley can provide the plotting.

• Members

There was endless, endless hype surrounding him during the years that DC, Nellie Oleson, and some on this board were giving MAB daily rim jobs. He was supposed to be a savior of soaps, a key to their future.

Why?

Because he wrote lines like, "Black rabbit, Jack Abbott."

I'm not kidding.

I also remember him having an attitude on Twitter, but it's been years, so I may be off on that one.

• Members

I was referring to her and her partner, yes. They wrote from 2011 to 2012, I believe. As to McPherson I liked a lot of what I saw of her DAYS, and I thought her AMC (where, to be fair, she was again part of a duo or trio, IIRC) was excellent.

• Administrator

Don't listen to the people here. LOL wink.png I get the feeling they don't like him because he's friends with MAB and Sheffer and sticks up for them. But if you've ever had conversations with the guy, like I did, he's a great guy and very nice and down to earth. He's very well liked within the soap community. I've never heard anyone who's worked with him say anything bad about him.

• Members

Thanks, Toups.

I remember this site's in-depth interview with him and he clearly has a love for the genre. I just figured that people don't like him because of his writing, which I was about to question seeing as he's always been a dialogue or breakdown writer at the most. But I can see why he had loyalty to Maria, Hogan, and Jean because they gave him a career. I'd be looking at him sideways if he didn't, but I would be fine if he expressed he didn't care for some of their choices, which is reasonable.

• Members

Agreed....I even once said he should head write Y&R....he was a producer there during the 80's and early 90's and has history with the show....(then again, JFP/and SONY Those bitches made it clear they don't want any writers who worked with Bill Bell....)

Archived