DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep.

I can't imagine the fuckery that will be the writing for Will, Sonny and Paul. Oh my. They're going to be butchered.

I hope Greg Meng's twitter is being blown up and he's reminded of how Higley was fired for a REBOOT of this show in 2011. God this is so dumb and just feels like a big old joke at our expense.

I know Tomlin was producing but at least Higley wrote Alice's memorial, right? That was pretty good looking back on it. Gives me SOME hope for the 50th but I'm still not at all happy about this. This is just bizarre. I truly cannot believe this.

• Members

No, I absolutely can not agree with anyone thinking that this is okay. It's more. of. the. same. SH!T. I don't watch DAYS. I was a regular viewer in 2003-2004, and my viewing since then has been semi-regular AT BEST. But it doesn't matter what soap it is, this is simply the type of sh!t that I do not miss one bit in regards to AMC. Nothing good will come out of this. Nothing.

Here are the possible outcomes:

A - they start good, they fizzle out after a few weeks/months (but we'll be told that DAYS is "on fire")

B - they suck ass until they're replaced by another pair of benchwarmers

C - they suck ass until the show is cancelled

Once again. Nothing good will come out of this at all.

• Members

Really, Ken. Really?

0beeb52f75440376cfca651b6add0d83.jpg

This man is plain stupid and so are the suits at SONY. This is main problem with the entertainment industry nowadays. Instead of hiring new blood, they'd rather go back to the 'same ole, same ole' because it's 'safe.' Yeah, it's safe alright ... a safe bet that she's going to tank this show once again--for good this time. TBH, I am glad this happening.

After DAYS is canceled, Dena will never find work again. That's the positive thing out of all of this.

Still don't get why they didn't reach out to decent, out of work writers like Sheri Anderson, Kay Alden, Sally Sussman Morina, Thom Racina, Jessica Klein, or Jill Lorie Hurst.

But keep hiring these flops, Ken. The other plus side is that your family legacy will be reduced to nothing b/c of your stupidity. No longer can he profit off his parents' dreams and hard work. Idiot....

• Members
I'm not.

Griffith sucked, IMO, at Y&R and Higley sucked the two times she wrote DAYS the first time. And she sucked at OLTL too, so badly in fact that Erika Slezak, who keeps her mouth shut, spoke out about how bad she was.

I wish I could share your excitement but this is terrible news. They switched out two boring and useless head writers for the same boring and useless two writers.

I guess I have to hope Griffith can have SOME influence but lord ...

I wanted Tomsell gone, too, but not for this crew.

• Members

SONY needs a head doctor a their studios. Like seriously. First Pratt at Y&R and now Higley [again] at DAYS.

We've received the message, SONY. We get it. You are truly trying to kill soaps and I get it. I see you. wink.png

And for Corday co-signing this, I hope your parent's legacy comes crashing down into nothingness so you can no longer profit of their hard work. I hope your other projects flop in the process too, so you can fade into oblivion for good.

• Members

That's it. Especially Paul, I can't see him doing well at all, especially since he's a new character with no legacy ties (not that that actually means anything to them....). They'll write horrifically for them and then get rid of them, or at the very least Paul.

• Members

She lucked out and even then Sami was painted as some mother of the year. I despised Sami being written as some stressed out supermom. I couldn't stand Higley's last run and only tuned back in for Alice's memorial. I personally wasn't the biggest fan of the baby switch but at least Nicole may or may not get shat on for the millionth time.

The Jonas propping will continue.

Was she the one to introduce Sonny, bring back Jennifer and Abigail? Was she responsible for Nathan?

Maybe SOME fuckery will be improved on.

• Members

The story did draw ratings and a lot of attention but, yes, there is no denying that Sami was insufferable in that forced heroine role. At least they won't be able to use her or do that to her again. Maybe, just maybe, everyone will stop sh*tting on Nicole now?

The only good stuff I remember is that Maggie wasn't annoying under her, Melanie wasn't either (I think) aaaaaand... hmmmm.

• Members

I'd imagine [hope] we see Eve [who simply needs better writing, she's way too isolated], Serena [fix it and make her Sarah, dammit], Ben, Paige and Clyde all exit. I'd hope. That'd be a very quick and easy way to clean house. Ben and Paige are just so boring and not worth continuing with them, IMO. I'm also concerned that Paul and Eric will be written out and I'm also cautious about the writing for Marlena/John (but could it even get worse for them, sans getting written out again?).

The show needs to be refocused and be a lot more tight and interwoven.

Archived