DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-major-writer-switch-days

Big behind the scenes news at DAYS: Head Writers Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell are out and Dena Higley and Josh Griffith will be replacing them, effective February 16. Griffith, who has extensive soap credits, including GH, ATWT, OLTL, SANTA BARBARA and HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS, last served as Y&R’s head scribe from 2012-13; Higley is no stranger to Salem, having served as the show’s head writer twice, in 2003, and from 2008-11..

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember what Higley's writing was like, but I don't remember liking any of her soap stints, especially OLTL. This is weird. I also wonder how Josh Griffith will be, he is very hit or miss himself. Regardless, DAYS has been boring as all hell for the longest. They needed a change and it'll be interesting to see how this works out. It's crazy they obviously made this change probably 6-8 months ago and we're just finding out. Hopefully it works out for them. At least the current team was boring but passable, if this is a disaster they're screwed.

I don't remember what Higley's writing was like, but I don't remember liking any of her soap stints, especially OLTL. This is weird. I also wonder how Josh Griffith will be, he is very hit or miss himself. Regardless, DAYS has been boring as all hell for the longest. They needed a change and it'll be interesting to see how this works out. It's crazy they obviously made this change probably 6-8 months ago and we're just finding out. Hopefully it works out for them. At least the current team was boring but passable, if this is a disaster they're screwed.

• Members

Well NBC must have already decided to cancel the show. It is finished with Dena as a writer. She is the worst writer Days has ever had. Just dreadful. And these hacks just keep getting work until they put all of the Soaps out of business. Why in the world would they bring her back for a third time. That is enough for me. Goodbye Days.

Archived