DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marlena & John are one of the only success stories the current regime has under it. Yes, they could stand to have more story, but Marlena is being utilized perfectly as a supporting figure, John is, stunningly, likeable again, relaxed, and has a purpose now that he's a detective, and the two actors have renewed chemistry. I don't see John doing well under them.

• Members

The wild card here is Josh. If he shows signs that he GETS this show and does a good job writing it, I'll be fine. Maybe he can control Dena's worst instincts (I can dream, right?)

I'm just glad TomSell is gone. In my opinion Tomlin was the one responsible for no vets, beloved fan faves banished, etc. Maybe now we'll get some returns to balance out the cast.

• Members

Daytime is intent on destroying itself.

The only half-assed excuse that I can come up with is that these hacks are able to put together a decent-sounding, "exciting" story bible. You know, the type of "big," "buzzworthy," attention-grabbing bruhaha the executives look for. It all sounds good.

But then they can't deliver it past, at the most, the first few weeks.

• Members

I don't think this is a upgrade at all. Higley makes characters have diseases, cancer, amputations and storylines like that which I don't care to watch. I think she was HW when EJ's son had to have his eye removed. I don't care for storylines like that especially when they are written so poorly. The only one she did for Days that I liked was the plane crash. But that was all she did that was good. After that SL the ratings went downhill.

• Members

But it's been proven that Dena does not even write a story bible/story projection. She just goes in there and pitch stories using buzzworthy words [as you said].

That sucks for aspiring writer, such as myself, that love these shows and write out well thought story projections.

SONY and Corday should've hired someone with a projection that was character driven because they don't have the money to do 'big,' 'buzzworthy,' attention grabbing stories at the money. They don't have enough sets.

• Members

This is what I'm hoping for. Griffith is key here. But to be honest, he didn't inspire me with his Y&R writing. It wasn't offensive or terrible just, IMO, boring. Maybe they can balance each other out, that's all I can hope for at this point.

I do agree about the vet aspect. Higley wrote Alice's memorial and that was well done. I'm holding out hope on that front, at least.

Archived