DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Griffith is OK sometimes but his recent work has just been assembly line.

I guess at least Higley isn't on her own.

DAYS basically went for more of the same. I guess I can see why, after the fiasco of those two hacks in 2010, but I don't think it's enough.

Ew why are people mentioning Tom Casiello in here?

His name still makes me wince.

• Members

I don't understand all the hype about Griffith.....Yes, I know him and Michael Malone wrote one of OLTL's best era's in the early 90's, but his Y&R stint was just bad bad, bad,boring and bad.....Though I feel like that could've been all on SONY....as I've come to the conclusion that I think they don't want writers to actually tell stories the way they want to, or just reject their stories or water them down which is why we get the crap on the air....SONY are the real Villain in all of this, and I almost wanna bet if they no longer had the horrible control they still have, things might improve....I sometimes wonder if they are the real reason Paul Rauch was such a terrible executive producer (even if MAB as headwriter didn't help) on Y&R since he seemed to have better luck with most soaps, especially OLTL of course...Face it, they don't want any soap to survive especially Y&R....

Whatever happen to Tom Langan? didn't he help guide Days into the 2000's?

• Members

Well I just can't be outraged any more. Same (bad) writers keep getting hired over and over. You'd think they'd learn from the deaths of the other recent soap deaths, but apparently not. They need to hire new blood or at least past head writers that are actually good.

This is Higley's third stint at DAYS. If her past two didn't work out, what makes them think this one will be any different?

Archived