DAYS: Tomlin/Whitesell OUT! Higley/Griffith IN!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which isn't saying very much at all, IMHO.

I think for the 50th Higley is better than Tomlin but for the show overall? It's a wash as to which is worse, IMO. They both have a couple of things I can tolerate about them and other biases that I'm not fond of. Again, it's pretty much a wash here.

Griffith is the only reason I'm trying so hard to be OK with this but Higley is not an inspired choice at all. Again, our best chance is if they can balance each other out but from an entertaining standpoint, I don't think the show will be any different. Boring, lifeless and aimeless.

Higley did well for Alice's memorial and that's her only saving grace with me for the upcoming 50th.

• Members

On second thought, this time around Griffith may be in charge and Higly as co head who will primarily there for her history with the show. That won't be so bad. I have to say that she and Mark Higly wrote the best writer's strike soap for five months when she was uncredited. It was way better than Sheffer's mess. He was so wrong for Days. Tomsell had to go. The show was downright comatose and they were out of ideas. I give them credit for getting the show back to some form of sanity and respectability. They needed to go at the end of last August. They were bereft of ideas.

• Members

Ugh. But, hey, her website says she's an Emmy Award-winner.

You learn something every day!

That, it does! :lol:

Maybe she's empathize with Paige and really give her the boomtastic champagne filled material that ho needs.

Is she a vegetable?

• Members

I am in shock! After the complete mess of her last run and Corday literally BEGGING the audience to stick with the show through summer 2011 until the reboot. I worry what this means for Drake, Deidre, and Bryan.... The only hope I have is hat I am not familiar with Josh's work (although most of what I have heard about him from GH and Y&R is pretty boring) and I do hope this means we will have an exciting storyline for the 50th since typically when new writers take over the is a lot if action and improvement while they are still fresh on the job... However I seriously worry about the long term implications of this writing regimen.... There are so many better options out there!!

Archived