B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

That would be fantastic. I don't trust Bell to actually do that (we are more likely to see this wrapped up in a matter of weeks) but how soapy would that be? They get the year and things just keep getting worse and worse, leading to a huge climax. We can dream!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why? Age has nothing to do when it comes to family dynamics/relationships like this, nor with wounds that have never healed. That's why it's such a juicy dramatic concept. Besides, Eric's indecisive, useless spinelessness has actual, real-life consequences every time he yanks one son from the position and puts another, whenever he plays favorites, etc. Like Ridge said, he couldn't believe they were back to arguing about this but that's the nature of these things....

• Members

It has a lot to do with the way Ridge treated Brooke and how Rick's childhood was affected by it. Rick mentioned that to Caroline the other day. IMO Brooke is as much to blame or more so for Rick's anger and resentment towards Ridge. Brooke's whoreness….really affected her children's lives.

• Members

The picture!! haha. I'm so glad Rick was behind it though instead of Mylanta. That would have been a bit too over the top even for her!

As someone that has grown up and beyond in the shadow of my brother's never-do-wrong vision my parents have of him, I am ALL for Rick's storyline. Team Rick all the way!

• Members

JY was really selling Rick's pain today. His whole face and neck have been red for three days!

I LOVE that Ridge offered to go to Paris to make this a 'Ridge-free' zone until Rick figures things out. It's the sort of thing I can't picture Moss' Ridge doing.

Well, at least Eric tried to lay into Rick.

IA. I'm so glad that it was Rick who did it. Although it happened TOO fast (they should have waited at least until the next day), and I have to wonder if Rick quickly painted the portrait while Maya was changing into her robe, it was good that Maya didn't go there and that it was Rick who removed it, implying that he couldn't 'stand' Stephanie's judging gaze. And I'm glad that they're giving Maya little, well-placed moments in which she is reluctant/hesitant, etc. It seems they truly don't want to paint her as just a villain, which implies they may have long term plans for her.

• Members

Especially when Eric pits Ridge and Rick against each other that doesn't help their daddy issues lol. Plus Eric treats Ridge like he's not his son most of the time

Props to Maya for realizing she has NOT earned the right to have her portrait take the place of Queen Stephanie's

Caroline and Ridge slayed me today zomg wub.png

• Members

I admit when Rick first mentioned Stephanie's picture my first thought was that the ep would end with Rick kissing Mylanta and the picture falling like it always does to Eric. But I liked this ending MUCH better!

I've never been a TK fan so Ridge/Caroline doesn't do anything for me. Linsey is selling it like crazy this past week + and I finally am liking her but Ridge...I just can't!

I hope when Brooke comes home she walks into the mansion and she notices the picture before she's had a chance to talk to anyone else. That would be such a great WTF moment for her return and wonder what's been going on while she's been away. (Tho I'm sure she'll have heard about Rick's CEO appointment)

Archived