B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously! I just find it so clunky and hilarious how they throw the word matriarch around, as if anyone in their twenties/thirties has such a matronly title on the brain. Maybe that appeals to their European audience accustomed to monarchies. For me, the only times that word gets used in casual conversation is when we're talking about my late great-grandmother.

• Members

Yep, it's silly, but it also screams Bell soap to me. lol

Not to mention they have to have something to talk about since the only storyline featured is this one. The affair has been exposed, so now they gotta give them a new goal. In comes the aspiration to be the next Stephanie Forrester!

• Members

And I want Rick to set her straight about Stephanie and Ridge. Remember, Stephanie HIRED someone to stalk and eventually rape Brooke! Ridge treated Brooke like garbage for years with Taylor and then after abandoning her and going to Europe after they got married, the interrupted wedding - with Katie, etc. Here's a good example where B&B is using its history to explain why a character feels a certain way. (While I do believe a part of the portrait was to hurt Caroline, I don't think it's even close to Rick's loathing of Stephanie and what she stands for.)

• Members

Stephanie's action directly led to what happened. She hired the guy to break up Brooke/Eric. He was a stalker. Sorry, Stephanie's actions were extreme and she got off the hook too easily. Stephanie made it pretty clear that Brooke was loose and would be easy to seduce. (Honestly, it was a horrible s/l and I get why they wanted to move past it, but it's further evidence of what a horrible person Stephanie was and why Rick has such huge distain for her.

• Members

I was hoping they'd go full on bitch with Mayday but they are doing their best not to be over the top with her. Shockingly, they seem to have toned her down since landing Rick

Ridge was the truth today. Loved everything he had to say to that little boy. Rick is acting like a child and its not a good look for him. With that said, I loved when Rick threw it in his face how Ridge keeps going after all of his family member's women. If only he threw Nick in there but that wouldnt jive with the exact point he was making

Talking about women under 60 as a matriarch is ridiculous. I though thought it was silly when they were saying it for Taylor but its just plain stupid here

You said Steph hired him to stalk Brooke and she didnt. Stalking and raping were not part of any deal or intention Steph had. Like Julia said, it was a bad judgement call with unfortunate results

Archived