B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

64deb9d77cb9c061a8d9ff785da7da60

" data-width="466">

• Members

Caroline's reaction to the portrait (following her dropping the glass) was much calmer and measured than I expected and I liked that. She has a goal, and that is to get her husband to forgive her, and it's clear that what she says and does is informed by that.

It was great that Liam pointed out to Ivy that he was around when Rick/Maya started. SO MANY soap characters today talk about past events/people that they know nothing about as if they are authorities on the subject and I'm glad Liam corrected her. Although he took it way too easily on Rick. We've seen what an ass Liam can be, this was the time to put those skills to good use.

Maya looked stunning as she came down the stairs. I can't believe we had to deal with Othello again but the flashbacks were well-timed and well-used once again. LOL at Maya announcing she will be Rick's wife and the next Forrester matriarch. She's paving the way for thots all over the world!

• Members

I mentioned the same thing earlier. Good soap doesn't choose a side and obsessively props it at the expense of everyone else (Daniel on DAYS, Phyllis on Y&R, every pet on GH) but presents both good and bad sides to all the players and leaves it to the audience to decide. I love that there's a certain level of complexity here.

• Members

I'm really looking forward to this week! Six months ago if you told me I'd been addicted to B&B and it would be based on a S/L that featured Myrabella, I'd thought you were crazier than Quinn. They really don't have to top the past two weeks, as long as we get a healthy dose, it will be good. I'd hope after this week, they start working in a "B-story" and one that does not involve Hope. (I'm banking on Katie/$B/Brooke/Deacon/Quinn starting to get play soon.)

• Members

Absolutely. While the climax of the Rick/Maya affair has been great, for three weeks now there's been no other story going on except for a brief Liam/Hope/Wyatt thing and Carter talking about how he needs a woman. I'm starting to feel anxious for some more story.

• Members

This show needs another storyline. Its a problem that they only have one nad have done nothing to build anything else up. My fear is that this one will end abruptely and another will start just as quick, when ideally they should be planting the seeds so we get a better transition

And IA on Maybelle. Who would have thought that she would be one of the lead characters driving story on this show? I think this is the first time this show has had a black lead character and I think KM is doing great with it

• Members

I'm just basking in the afterglow of "no Hope" no Liam / Hope / Wyatt drudgery to wade through. I think I can figure out where this Caroline/Rick/ Maya is going but I'm still enjoying it. Call me goofy but I like the Ridge/Caroline story...and I totally agree they need another strong storyline besides this one.

• Members

DAMN!!! Rick called Ridge nothing but a Marone bastard!!! lol I like that these two may be arguing but it's in hushed, calm tones, instead of some blown out screamathon. Rick is starting to doubt himself and I love it. I do hope he hasn't changed his mind by tomorrow's episode, though. I need him to commit to a future with Maya despite the doubts.

Nice to see Carter and Aly.

Maya continues to shred Caroline to pieces. I'm glad to see her determined to be the best Forrester Matriach she can. There's been a change in her stance towards the portrait: Now it's encouraging her to prove herself worthy. B&B has remembered how to do subtle little character moments like that again and I couldn't be happier.

Now, feature another storyline, dammit!

• Members

I like that people aren't blind and that they see the only reason Rick is acting out like this is because he still has feelings for Caroline.

When Ridge asked him if he'd told Maya he loves her and Rick was just... mellow.png LOL. I wonder if he'll go home and lie that he loves Maya now, just to prove everyone wrong.

Archived