Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guza I could live with, at least with him we'd be guaranteed a solid writing staff, interesting character work and entertaining sweep stunts. Pratt? This man decimated AMC. GH improved tenfold after he left. His ABC Family show with Alex Chando was dreck and canned after a couple of seasons. They let him take over another show and he alienated the fan base of it so badly the ratings eroded and they had to cancel that as well. Models Inc was a complete failure. This man is literal poison. I can not believe they're letting him put his stamp on Y&R of all shows.

• Members

Seriously what are you smoking? Jean P has destroyed ever soap she has been on. On ATWT her stories were just as boring as they were on Y&R and the ones that succeeded in the ratings were because she would copy them from the other soaps...the baby switch storyline to name one.

• Members

Oh Goutman = Evil

Goutman was his way or no way towards ATWT....who cares what the fans think...fuk them was his motto

Too bad MB thought he was a true friend/great EP/temp writer....it took Goutman to stab her on the back to realize he was a useless hack like the rest...

• Members

Wait. Didn't you just say, "Pratts bad history as he destroyed amc is up for grabs but GH talk shouldn't be allowed in a thread that based solely on y and r head writer talk. Talk anything that relates to that how bad Pratt is or people u think should be head writers or vice versa."

Well, if that's your opinion of what should be discussed in this thread, why are you saying that All My Children should have changed executive producers? As I recollect, Julie Hanan Carruthers was executive producer of AMC, not Pratt. What does AMC changing producers have to do with Pratt being appointed head writer?

• Members

I've always responded to the assertion that Ron loves the genre by saying Ron loves the genre the way Ike "loved" Tina. He loves it as far as he can abuse it. He doesn't love the genre, he loved OLTL. Now that it's gone, everything else is just a consolation prize.

As for Pratt, as destructive as his tenure at AMC was, he did a few things that I liked so I'm way more forgiving of him. He brought on Taylor and Brot. I know Ehler's Taylor was a failure as a character but I liked the idea of a military woman as a counter to the stiletto clad Fusion group. I also loved Brot's introduction. Dealing with the Iraq War was something Agnes Nixon would've done and I think the show did a decent job of it. He also gave me Natalia. As much as I hate the damage done to Jesse's character in order to create her, my love for Shannon Kane blew it all away.

All of that is to say, I don't have the rabid hate for Pratt that some do but that doesn't change the fact that I know that Y&R is well and truly fucked.

I believe he did. That's the rub. He brought up the ratings by destroying the show.

Archived