Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

The thing that makes this sad to me is seeing yet another show just tossed into the hands of one of the same old, same old names. The fact that TPTB feel comfortable throwing the show into the recycling bin tells me that there's no real interest in improving any of this. It's more about trying something half-assed for Y&R until they can get another winner a la The Talk.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My apologies if I'm giving anyone the impression that I got screwed so I want them to get screwed as well. That is not the case at all. I was specifically targeting Q with my question as well as that other person. Why is one being heralded at the man who saved GH and revitalized it but the other is the death knell to YR while being accused of the very same things that moRon is getting away with daily?

I've been watching soaps since I was 13, starting with OLTL, and I cannot believe the trash that is accepted today.

That said, I feel for YR fans if Pratt is that bad. I certainly understand your pain!

• Members

You've already gotten what I think is a fair answer from some of us on how and why Ron and Pratt are very different, in some of our opinions anyway.

I can critique Ron Carlivati for forever and a day and trash the worst of his show, but the worst of his show is bad in a completely different way from what Chuck Pratt does. I can find one bad writer worse than another bad (or deeply, deeply flawed) writer. Just because some people may think Pratt is even worse doesn't mean they are giving anyone else a pass. It just means they have a different experience from you.

• Members

Oh I agree 100%

Pratt and Guza and JFP all are not fans of the genre they work in. Carlivati clearly is.

Guza, Pratt, Phelps. All of them worked for Monty and saw what charismatic actors and a creative vision can do for a daytime show. But none of them have her instincts. And they all have such disdain for their audience.

• Members

Thank Christ there seriously is. I only have a few active posters on ignore, but every time I make the mistake of clicking "read this post anyway" I remember why.

As for Pratt, I'll give him a chance like I do every new writer. Maybe he's learned some lessons along the way.

• Members

It has nothing to do with the topic. Talk about things Jean did wrong or anything that has to do with y and r. Pratts bad history as he destroyed amc is up for grabs but GH talk shouldn't be allowed in a thread that based solely on y and r head writer talk. Talk anything that relates to that how bad Pratt is or people u think should be head writers or vice versa. Again the same stupid I hate GH agenda gets brought into a post it doesn't need to be in

Archived