Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kahn/Jonathan don't read this!!!

I don't care what what LaLucci said. It is her opinion! I have watched soaps for as long as she has starred on AMC, and I maintain if GH can be decimated on a daily basis by 2 hacks and the show is considered revitalized, Chucky going to YR should be no problem for the same folks who are against him but champion Craptini. GH is a daily horror show and Craptini are the wrong duo for it, but that has not stopped it from "thriving". Chucky will do the same for YR! Be positive. Soaps need our support so give yours to Chucky, right?

• Members

I'm not so sure about that. "Cartini" is worse because it's a two-headed monster of FV and RC but if we're just matching up writers, Pratt and Carlivati are pretty much equal. It's basically an argument between projectile vomiting vs. explosive diarrhea.

They both have the same deep-seated disrespect for the audience, genre and especially the basic tenets of storytelling. If you want to see the damage Pratt is capable of even outside of a soap context, I'd recommend watching the show "Twisted." I binge-watched it one week and you could immediately see his influence when he took over as headwriter. He turns everything into "Melrose Place."

• Members

But why would we cry if any of the remaining 4 were gone? They are all very bad. It's not like the loss of Another World or any other good soap. The loss of current YR or GH would be the equivalent to the loss of Passions!

The final 4 should be showing why Soaps should still be on the air. Not one of the current soaps is remotely proving this!

• Members

I can't speak for anyone else but Y&R is still my show and still my favorite. I may not be able to watch it anymore but that doesn't mean I don't still hate--HATE--what has been happening to it... and the worse is yet to come. It doesn't matter what condition it is. I have loved it for decades and it's devastating to me.

• Members

What does Ron and Frank anything to do with y and r? They are viewed as a success by ratings and the media. U loathe them and the prexy of abc has said they will be there a long time. Pratt was a horrific failure for amc. He IMO is the one who got the show cancelled by abc. It never recovered and all the actors stated how bad he was. I don't think I ever saw lucci complain except when it came to him. Pratt has much bigger ego as he was a co exec producer and head writer for meleose and just did lying game. Let's also remember he was an exec producer on desperate housewives. He's one of the few daytime writers who has branched into prime time and has success. He has zero history with y and r. Why wasn't Kay Alden called in as an exec consultant? Let's just say I am worried for y and r. I think since Jill won those Emmys she's got power.

• Members

I will champion anyone who is not Guza and Pratt and anyone who doesn't fetishize the mob and feature Steve Burton daily. I also don't believe I exaggerated anything and in fact all those things I mentioned actually happened on GH and AMC and happened under Pratt. Your obsession prevents you from discussing any topic anywhere without bring it back to "FrankenRon" or whatever you are calling them. Let the people who want to discuss Pratt discuss Pratt without listening to these off topic rants which they could find on every page of the GH thread for the last 14 months probably.

Archived