Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This reminds me of a couple of months ago. I left for one day, one fracking day, and I returned home to a new roommate (after the owner had been searching for months) and the owner leaving for two months, leaving me to deal with the nightmare said roommate became.

Point of the story is, this is why we can't have nice things.

• Members

IMO Megan was never the one who signed AMC's death warrant. The show still felt like AMC and could have continued to see success after her tenure. She left in 2007 and althou B&E were dreadfully boring the show was still moving along and still felt like AMC. AMC could have seen many highs and had a great oppourunity for great future stories and green pastures post 2007. The only time that AMC truly felt like it was dead in the water or at least at risk of being a truly empty husk of itself was when Pratt took over. That was when the show was on deaths door. AMC never recovered after Pratt. Everything after his tenure post 2010 felt like a death march until the last 6 months or so, when they had already cancelled it. Lorraine tried her level best to resurrect AMC, but she wasn't able to because of all the damage Pratt caused during his time writing the show.

• Members

Maybe he will do interesting stories. Big maybe. But I already know his style and taste. It will never go back to being The Young and the Restless. Not even the close version from Alden and Smith. The Bell version of the show will never return. Can it survive the reconfiguration of an EP who seems to have lost what touch she had and a writer that is kind of a hack?

• Members

Bite. Your. Tongue.

I agree that Jean and Shelly had to go. But I'd much rather see Y&R canned in favor of a second hour of "The Talk" than hire any of these godawful hacks still nibbling at the edges of whatever remains of this genre.

• Members

HeinIe is teflon, I think posters have to let that one go by now. It's been a decade plus since she's been in that role. Short of launching her into space she's not leaving Y&R. Time to accept the fact that she's staying. She's not going anywhere I promise.

They've already recasted too many roles as it stands right now, I doubt they are going to do any more until the dust settles from this latest announcement.

Archived