Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

Here's how I think the writing team will eventually look

Written by

Charles Chucky Pratt, Jr (hack)

with
Michael Conforti (FOJ, and she brought him in twice to this team and he worked on GH under Pratt and for many years)

Tracy Thomson (FOJ and she worked with Pratt on either GH or AMC but has a long history with JFP)

Natalie Slater (she survived every regime change. Hopefully, will this time, poor lady)

Lisa Seidman (FOJ and FOC and loved by Sony)

Jeff Beldner (worked with Pratt on AMC, veteran will probably survive or go to DOOL)

Brent Boyd or Beth Milstein as Script Editor...I think Brent could go; he's young and lame and no real connection to Pratt

Janice Esser (same comment as Slater although I know Latham fired her for a while)

Susan Dansby (only AA on the team)

Amanda Beall (they all love her as if she's the female Alan Ball, NOT)

Anne Schoettle (married to David Shaugnessey, long history with Bell shows, great script writer. I think she survives)

I think Altman, Passanante and Gold will all go. Passanante has no history with Chucky or Jilly and was only brought in at the request of Altman. I doubt Passanante will cotton to Pratt. Altman was head writer and failed. She won't stay. Gold was hired by Passanante as her only representative on the writing staff. They threw her a bone but he will go.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If anything is off topic, it's your tantrum towards me. I was simply making a comparison [trash is trash], and you have gotten way too excited for my taste. We can revisit once you have calmed yourself.

Notice YRBB completely disagreed with me but s/he didn't resort to insults. Go back a few pages.

• Members

Well, if we are going to compare them, maybe we get one good-ish year from Pratt filled with long gone and beloved characters from the past, then it all gets dismantled because Sony buys Jason Quartermaine from ABC and they scramble to rewrite Dylan as Jason and never mention Dylan, or his created past with Nikki and Paul ever again.

• Members

Pratt is far worse than Ron. What Ron does to a show can be deeply problematic but it is also fundamentally different.

Ron adores soaps, or rather his narrow-yet-broad idea of them, and is obsessed with that past as well as his own vision and ego. He is not without some good work or ideas in moderation, but if you let him off the leash with no checks and balances, he does what he's done to GH while behaving like an ass on social media.

Pratt hates soaps and everything about them. Comparing them is really apples and oranges, though, they are too different. And his work at GH with Guza was some of the worst of their shared tenure.

• Members

Exactly. I will say the first two months or so of AMC under Pratt were refreshing--he showed humour and the faster pace was nice after the previous regime. And then when it became clear he thought he was writing Melrose Place again, it all went to Hell. (Agnes Nixon, who never says a bad word about anyone, even said that he locked her out of story meetings.)

• Members

I see what is going on now. Sarcasm. You have chided others for implying that because only 4 soaps are still on, we should accept and embrace them as they are.

Exactly. These soaps have been on for decades. I watched when I was a toddler with my grandmother. They matter (mattered - as in GL and ATWT to me).

OK CH, I am not familiar with Pratt or Craptini so you can exclude me from the "Craptini's stuff is OK then Pratt's will be too." Obviously none of their stuff is OK with you and what you feel matters as much to you as the way the rest of us feels matters to us. That is in response to your comment on QFan's status update.

As I wrote above, I believe many of your posts about this are sarcasm. And pain. Instead of writing: I feel your pain. This is how I feel about GH. You are in essence writing: It happened to me - suck it up. Not sure if you care which is more productive. I read somewhere that when someone doesn't validate/ignores another's feelings, the unvalidated person's body responds in every way as if it has just endured physical pain.

Everyone wants to feel heard. It's odd that you understand Y&R viewers pain more than most, yet you are almost mocking us. Perhaps I am not the only Y&R fan who is not familiar with Pratt or Craptini or GH...?

Archived