Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

We all know Heinle's staying. She either has a magical pu$$y that f.cks everyone into submission or she is the coolest cool chick that ever lived and thus nobody wants to see her go. But her situation and Morrow's are not even remotely the same.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well he was horrific at AMC but Jill worked with him and loves him. Surprised she didn't choose Guza with him. He was better at GH. It seems JFP has a lot of control at Y and R. I don't think she was happy with Jean. Jean didn't seem like her pick it was more CBS pick. Jill has tons of control at y and r. Well she did say Steve kent was her favorite person in the world.

• Members
I know this is pointless. But what has happened that makes you think Jill has any power? Pratt is a FOJ, but she wanted to keep Muhney and wasn't allowed to. She had nothing to do with Shemar returning, which got the show lots of attention. The show doesn't look like her work at all, in a bad way.

I think she will be out if Pratt fails and the show continues to lose viewers.

• Members

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that if I were the one in charge, I would place a higher priority on getting rid of Heinle (that is, if I had the authority to do so, without any push-back from Sony or CBS) than I would on Morrow. Both might be long-time vets with the show, but Morrow's acting is far more tolerable than Heinle's.

• Members

Honestly if SONY were smart they would offer DAYS to Jean. She would be perfect there. I think Jean though will go back to GH she seemed much happier there. I rather have Jean then Chuck Pratt. He was very destructive for AMC. He was horrible there. I don't think Jill ever wanted Jean at Y and R as it was more of a CBS choice. Jean IMO is starting to improve. Shelley will stay at y and r. I just want to say Jean is a rock star for doing what she could with y and r. Steve Kent give her the head writing gig at DAYS.

• Members

I've been ready to say goodbye to Y&R. It's not like they are even trying to fix the show. It's just like all the P&G soaps again. Let's play musical chairs until the officially drive the viewers away, thus leading the network to finally pull the plug. SONY will give the same PC answer that P&G did, blaming the network and promising to find a new home for the show, all the while, they're truly thrilled.

What pisses me off is that you have Kay Alden, Bill Bell's right hand woman--a person that knows the ins and outs, the true vision of the show, sitting there unemployed and not even attempting to reach out court her back.

I'd rather Y&R be dead than have another hack slaughter again. Especially, a hack that has the tendency to blame stars when his story does not pan out as he planned.

• Members

This is the old AMC pattern. They'll only bring Alden or Smith back when they're ready to take the show off and want to give it a nice last few months.

I think Sony and/or CBS have been 50-75% ready to be out of the Y&R business since hiring LML as their first attempt to 'modernize' it, and it's only gotten to be a more pressing concern since. When the numbers line up to can it for something new that can turn a profit, and the show has been stripped to be as cheap as it can possibly be and can't go any lower, they will dump it.

That's why JFP is here - to make it cheap in the meantime. Pratt is another attempt to refit it and make a little more money in that same interval, but really all they care about is transmuting the show into something slightly more profitable until they can justify getting rid of it. They don't think the old Y&R could do it or do it at the right low margin.

They aren't quite actively trying to get it cancelled, but they are coming very close and have been for multiple regimes. They have been semi-deliberately trying to destroy the number one soap opera as quickly as possible for years. Because they hate soap operas.

• Members

The BELLS better stage an Intervention NOW 'cause he is pure poison and this will be much worse than LML has ever done to this show. Unbelievable.

I'd much rather have Cricket Blair write this with a pedigree of wriiting zero than Pratt with his most terrible track record. Seems like the haters were right all along: JFP is killing Y&R. :(

Archived