Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was so dumb that she re-wrote old Dallas AND her new stories, then instead of coming up with a BS explanation, in interviews she would admit that she was simply sloppy and not paying attention. She admits to only watching select seasons and not the entire season. Apparently the writing staff each took different seasons so between them all everybody has seen them, but obviously that is no way to get an understanding of a show. And instead of hiring sitcom writers she should've had at least one soap writer and someone who could be a continuity point person.

I'd say it's VERY likely Cynthia Cidre will write Y&R in the future (they love this kind of nonsense), but her Y&R is going to be worse than when Lynn Latham was writing. At least Lynn Latham was a good writer, just with too much power. Cidre can't even come up with good IDEAS.

• Members

Lynn Latham was fine when she was with the Bell protégés. I remember Latham at port Charles and I liked her work on that show. I am surprised Pratt hasn't recruited Carol Mendolsohn to be co head writer. As they wrote Melrose and exec produced together. Mendolsohn was exec producer of csi for 14 years and show runner.

Archived