Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd be lying if I said all the rapes weren't disturbing, which they were. Also, Victoria Lane took advantage of Cruz when he was in a fevered state (he thought she was Eden). Thankfully, the show had strong actors who did the best they could - and Marcy Walker more than earned the Emmy she won in 1989 for the Eden rape story. It's amazing that will all the behind the scenes battles (the Dobsons vs. NBC and New World Productions) that everything stayed as smooth as it did onscreen as long as it did.

• Members

It was, but at least the acting and writing was top notch - most especially by Walker and A Martinez. The real cop-out was the reveal of the rapist, but I won't say anymore about that.

Anyway - Pratt and JFP back together on another soap. As the old saying goes, those who do not learn from history (like the networks) are doomed to repeat it.

• Members

Wow. Just read on Twitter that the new SID says that in addition to Sally Sussman Morina, KAY ALDEN submitted a story pitch to be the new HW of Y&R and "someone" pushed for Pratt. KAY [!@#$%^&*] ALDEN wanted to return and they said no. Wow. That level of disrespect might be enough to make her stay away forever, even when they eventually do come calling. So sad.

Archived