Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

I enjoyed a great deal of Season 4 of MP - Peter, Amanda, Brooke, Alison and Mr. Armstrong, the Parezis, Kimberly the radio host, etc. - but they definitely went too over the top, especially in the back end with Betsy, Kimberly and the sanitarium. (Other characters, like Sydney, got even more heightened.)

That was what led to the deliberate pull-back in Season 5, trying to make the show 'grounded' again, in which it became a mix of deathly boring (with stuff like Billy and Sam, or Jake and Alison, the latter of which was apparently due to Grant Show and Courtney Thorne-Smith dating and wanting to work together) and just muddled ideas, some of which were honestly good and some very bad, but almost all of which were executed poorly, with the exception of Amanda and Peter's marriage and its subsequent dissolution. And the purging of people like Kimberly and Sydney was a fatal mistake.

Season 6 was almost a total wash, and Season 7, while pretty good IMO, was too late.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it's any consolation, I recall Pratt saying when he first took over AMC, he wanted to make Adam Chandler a force to be reckoned with, another Victor Newman. I'm paraphrasing, but I remember that quote. Pratt could put Victor front and center, if anyone actually wants to see that.

• Members

Have you noticed no press for his arrival? You can tell behind the scenes people are not happy. I imagine whomever is tasked with his arrival interview will be someone they know will soft-ball the questions. Nobody wants to do it so I imagine it'll probably be SOD who does the interview.

Archived