Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed them as well. I more started getting into Y&R around the Cassie intro time. The LML era drove me from the show, MAB semi brought me back, I gave Griffith a bit of a go and these current hacks a bit of a go, but man, it's so sad how far the show has gotten away from what it was. B&B can have 'modern' and 'classic'. Why can't Y&R?

• Members

Yes but LML gave us the worst Y&R story of all time...that reliquary BS. I was about to quit watching when she went on strike so I stuck it out. I am several weeks behind now and am near the point of tuning out. That never happened during MAB's tenure.

Even though I didn't particularly care for a lot of MAB's stories overall, she still made me want to find out what was happening next. Now I have to force myself to even care about what's going to happen.

• Members

I agree about B&B, yes there is a lot of sexism there with Dollar Bill, but at least it doesn't feel as offensive as what Y&R became in its last few years. The treatment of Sharon, Diane and the entire Adam situation is just ridiculous.

• Members
Oh MAB made me tune out between the Adam mess and the Patty nonsense. Not that LML was much better, but I still had hope that things could be turned around then. MAB extinguished that hope permanently.

Morrow is no great shakes, but he doesn't have a demanding role. It rarely asks him to stretch or challenge himself. Victoria is an incredibly dynamic role, and Heinle is tragically miscast. She never should have been considered for the part.

Archived