Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

Annie going psycho was already in the cards under B&E. That was the sole purpose of Billy Miller's Ritchie/Wes character. He pushed her further and further to insanity over the course of his entire run, they probably were going to write her out soon after that story finished though. Having her complicit in his murder. Psycho Annie was front burner during all of Pratt's run though, including having Annie hoodwink Adam so consistently and then making him a cuckold while she romanced his nephew and son right under his noise. So yeah, I guess she does owe him for making her a real key player on AMC. Maybe MCE is bouncing off the walls in glee over this news. Perhaps she is looking forward to more over the top cartoon buffoonery to finally net her that Supporting Actress Emmy she's been chomping at for 5+ years now. rolleyes.gif

Didn't he pair up Annie with Aidan too? I am sure he did something to Kendell's character as well. Didn't he initially pen it that Kendell killed Stuart and then he changed it last minute to have Adam do it? Ridiculous.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember him mocking what had been written for Jesse's missing 20 years, but yet what was originally written was better than what he came up with.

Yep he was with Annie while in the psych ward, so it was pretty disgusting cause Annie clearly wasnt in her right mind but Aidan was having sex with her

• Members

Absolutely right. The crew and the actors can't revolt - they're on contract and will all be sued if they don't show up for work (just as Melissa Reeves how that works). A fan boycott...doubtful, given that similar public statements were attempted for the last four soaps to fall.

Pratt will be no better or no worse than LML, JG, MAB and JP - all hacks who do not have a modicum of understanding about what made Y&R great. And the simple fact is that Sony doesn't care and doesn't know how Y&R worked either.

Y&R is dead and has been since 2006.

• Members

1 Melissa Reeves boycotting is NOT what I am talking about. What will happen if all of the cast and crew just refuses to show up?

No show.

How long will it take to recast every character? How long will it take to replace all the crew?

It is going to take something on a grand scale like that to stop this and take Y&R back. They need to stand up to the bullies so that they can support their families for a few more decades.

Think about what is going to happen to Y&R if they don't - if JFP is allowed to continue to run roughshod over Y&R.

Naysayers are not helping.

Don't complain when there's a game show or talk show or cooking show in Y&R's time slot and all of your beloved actors and actresses are out of a job.

• Members

They can't they will be sued they are all under contract. They will be sued and won't be able to work anywhere else. This is not at will employment and u wouldn't do that anyways u give a two week notice. Blue u need to read up on contract laws and how they apply that's why they exist in show biz and are enforced.

• Members

I do NOT believe that there is nothing millions of fans and the entire cast and crew can do. I DO NOT.

TPTB have acted in bad faith by hiring known show killers. Everyone saw what was deliberately done to ATWT and GL.

I believe if they all get together they kind find creative ways around points in their contracts.

The alternative is Y&R headed for cancellation like the others. Is that acceptable?

Is it legal to knowingly sabatoge the livelihoods of so many contract employees?

• Members

Oh god u need to calm down. Y and R is far from cancelled it's close to 5 million its rates higher then some prime time shows and it's been renewed through 2017. Its not going anywhere. Honestly we can blame MAB for Sony not wanting any Bells influence on the show. She tanked ratings and the show was grossly over budget.

• Members

Yes, it's perfectly legal to hire a show killer. Sony is a company that owns the majority interest in Y&R, it can do what it likes with its property. Entertainment contracts are very standard and very easy to enforce. Melissa Reeves long ago breached her contract with DAYS and was successfully sued. That is what would happen to every single Y&R employee on contract if they didn't show up to work. They'd all be successfully sued.

If Y&R continues on the self destructive path that it's been on for the last 8 years, then yes, it being cancelled will be totally acceptable.

While naysayers don't help, neither do people who can't face reality and the reality is Y&R is on a fast track to cancellation.

• Members

Well, then the viewers can disrupt their plans by boycotting and tuning out now, and see how they like things being done on a financial timetable different from their own.

I am very respectful of reality - and - the power of the masses. If you don't agree with me, how about just don't resort to personally bashing me. OK? Thanks.

Archived