Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
CBS has some say I'm sure. She didn't pick and choose. She maneuvered an outside pick in front of the others, to ensure the HW would ultimately be one if her people. Makes me think SSM had a shot with CBS and Sony and Phelps went for a name to outfox that selection.

Almost as shocking is her wanting Griffith back. Jesus. He wasn't any better with her than Passanante has been.

I'm just sad that nearly a decade after these people drove me away from daily soap viewing, here they still are. Stinking up the place. Phelps. Pratt. Griffith. Tomlin. All we need is Hogan Sheffer and Frons and Bob Guza and my nightmare for how daytime ends is complete.

• Members
Oh Melrose Place had a couple of outstanding years. I will never forget that wig coming off and how crazy Kimberly looked in that mirror.

I'm not sure about his time at Santa Barbara. Was this the period Mulcahey spoke about just after the Dobsons, and the script writers ignored the breakdowns and did what they wanted, totally ignoring the intent if the HW as much as they could?

• Members

"And when the Powers That Be brought in head writers (after the Dobsons were legally ousted) who didnt know the show or were just plain bad, wed ignore them and do something else. The more of them they hired, the more we ignored them. It was rude and disrespectful, I dont know how they tolerated it (the huge pay-check may have had something to do with it), but nobody stopped us because we knew what we were doing."

From Soaptown USA's interview with Mulcahey.

• Members

I don't even watch Y&R and this made me nauseous. This ex-GH viewer will pray for all of the Y&R fans. The GH-ification with JFP and Pratt is truly complete.

And I see Pratt pushing Steve-O even MORE front and center. Is that possible? Don't know, but I see it.

As for Pratt and SaBa, I know he was head writer at one point, maybe late '80s? But Guza, Val Jean, and Mulcahey - all whom would later go to GH, were on staff, as well.

Archived