Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SSM met with Jill for the job....but Sony doesn't want old school Y&R anymore....Sally goes way back to the 80's Y&R...she pitched her story ideas to Jill.....Jill wanted Josh Griffith back but Sony didnt want him back so she praised Pratt ass to the hills to get hired so Y&R could be the sole vision of what she wants the show to be about.

• Members

The report claims JFP went from the meeting with Morina to call Pratt herself - wanted someone who would work with her vision.

Pratt's vision is, of course, usually his own, or was largely all his own at AMC. But if he needs the money I am sure he will play ball. Or rather, they will play ball together.

• Members

I'm just stunned at that. Sally Sussman Morina goes back to the 80s with Bill Bell, and then returned as a consultant in 2005 and competed with LML for the HW position...so she lost out again, to a serious hack, again. Not to say Sally Sussman Morina doesn't have her faults, but I always enjoyed her work at Y&R and DAYS...she would have been a much better choice. How pathetic.

Archived