Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Generations was a show that looked good on paper.. but just didn't translate well on screen.

I was a kid when the show premiered.. and they had great promos leading up to the premiere. However, my babysitter watched the first episode.. and I remember her saying that all of the voice over exposition was boring and she tuned out and never tuned back in. I asked as a kid why she stopped watching mid way through and she said she wanted to be shown, not told, about the characters. I didn't understand what she meant at the time.. but now I think she meant she'd rather see the characters in action rather then being told in voice over all the backstory.

I do think SSM did the killing pool story and the start of Princess Gina.. did she do swamp girl as well?

• Members

That's perfect. laugh.png Brilliant.

I wish they'd done some episodes where she guest-starred on a dying soap. Imagine Valerie asking where Luke and Laura are and most of the people onset have no idea who she's talking about.

I really need to finish those last few episodes soon.

• Members

Reilly first introduced Swamp Girl. It was one of his dumber plots, somewhere between the Jungle Madness and Iraq/Stan sls. I did tune out of DAYS under SSM, though the end of Reilly's run was AWFUL. AMC under Pratt was cold and mean spirited. It was already in a morbid phase with McT and BE though. My guess is that Pratt will go to his Melrose ways. He likes to replicate his earlier work a lot. Taylor McBride spoke volumes in regards to his arrogance and laziness. I don't think YR has many years left because Pratt and SSM are not very good. Yikes.

• Members

Kay Alden is Facebook friends with Shelly Altman; Kay may have already been consulting behind the scenes.

Someone was tinkering with the stories in the month of August. And there were less breakdowns written by Tracey Thomson and the other head writers and Seidman left her outline editor role. So things have been in the works for a while to change story telling.

Archived