Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

This is something he DOES share with Ron Carlivati (who, otherwise, I do feel are bad in very different ways,) -- after a few months, when he doesn't know what to do with a character he makes them suddenly psycho (which often leads to their exit -- aww remember the days when characters with no story would just happily move to Seattle?) It kinda wokred for Annie mainly because of MCE (at least for me,) otherwise...

He may have been--I've read interviews and articles on it a long time back, but can no longer find them. But Pratt did have a LOT more story power as soon as Star's main involvement left.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THAT MOMENT I will never forget. I remember the sun gazing on Maddison at fusion, and if I am remember correctly it was that odd episode were everyone was waking up at the same time and Erica went to BJ's when I was like "AMC IS BACK!"

When she returned I felt as any show, even GH or GL, could be fixed if under the right hands.

To fix Y&R just send all the useless characters on a plan and have it crush and burn in a mountain somewhere.

On Tuesdays episode start having all the characters come together for the memorial of the loss of the characters while having the characters ACT IN CHARACTER. Then use the memorial as a spring board for the new stories.

Ok, yeah, that idea needs work but I am sure the premise can be used to fix any soap

• Members

Elements of his and Guza's GH were definitely pitched very much like his primetime soaps - so high-intensity, full of hair-pulling, catfights, and over the top bitches. I'll never forget the mess with Faith and Courtney, where they had some sort of major physical throwdown (one of several) and then Faith, randomly, kissed her with the 'kiss of death.' I can't find the clip now. I mean, who does this on daytime? Two hot blondes fighting and [!@#$%^&*], that was his sensibility. Poor Cynthia Preston and Faith were basically his primetime-styled blow-up dolls - nothing but sex-sex-sex and death. (I believe Faith was offed shortly before or after he was dismissed.) It was ludicrous, all it needed was some sax or rock guitar.

I loved that [!@#$%^&*] on '90s primetime and I think his work on MP, etc. is not without merit, but on GH? It was just so tacky.

• Members

She was somehow involved with the MTV show Laguna Beach, which became The Hills.

I remember hearing she was rumored to take over ATWT and I was thrilled.

I'm not certain Riche would thrive on daytime now. It has changed so much, and the poor woman already had to work for Frons. Let her keep her peace and quiet.

Archived