Y&R: New Head Writer

• Members

It seems to me that there is something to be said for there being alleged secretive (from the cast and crew) forethought and planning by TPTB for certain cancellation. If they were to say publicly something like, Y&R is ending June 2015, for example, there would be droves of viewers tuning in to see the last months of it. Everyone could pad their wallets and make plans for their families, and the viewers wouldn't be and feel jerked around again.

I think we should do what we can. Viewers and cast and crew. The ideal being that JFP would be fired, Pratt would never get his hands on Y&R, and it would continue until it is announced in earnest that it is going to end in the future.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is for me - I wasn't as active online when LML was hired/fired as I am now. I hated the reliquery story and the over-pimping of modern art and the famous egg sculpture artist. Not sure whose regime was responsible for John Abbott's death but I hated that, too. And I hated whoever was responsible for Adam's turn for the worse before MAB took over.

Did LML have the reputation JFP and Pratt have when she was hired?

I guess I would say and ask the same about the others since LML's regime. Except for MAB. I knew nothing of her reputation but I had high hopes for her - being married to Bell, Jr. Which ultimately meant absolutely nothing positive.

They (JFP and Pratt) have more power with there being 2 of them at the helm at the same time. Hello.

• Members

Did the whole "the actors must stay away from work to make change!" idea come from that Comeback episode where Valerie Cherish and the "young cool kids" all boycotted their new co-stars?

Well, let her tell you - Valerie suffered long and hard for that boycott. Everyone else loved the idea and she said no, because she didn't even boycott That's It when they had that episode making light of Rodney King and his brave struggles against...you know. She can't really say it. This isn't the place and she feels uncomfortable. Anyway, the point is, she put the mouths of all her coworkers and the mouths of the crew and the mouths of their family above her own. And she'd tell you that is a LOT of mouths. And some of them had really bad breath, but...that's not the point. The point is, Valerie stayed home from work and those sweet, wonderful little monsters (she doesn't mean that! She loves them! She remembers every birthday so don't you say she doesn't love them, she has the cards to prove it!) went into work and didn't tell her. That was the first and only time she EVER stayed home from work. She got cold stares in the commissary for weeks. She still wakes up in a cold sweat sometimes, because Inga was not the most comforting server in the first place, bless her heart.

Anyway, Valerie would say - let the kids run wild, because when it comes down to it, those wild, wacky kids, adorable and precious as they are, never have your back. And she has the tire tracks on HER back to prove it!

So Eric Braeden - who won third runner up in Most Popular Guest Star in the 2003 That's It Fan Site poll...don't do it! Do. Not. Do. It! Don't trust those crazy kids who don't know anything but how to have parties and ruin their hair. Just take Valerie's word for it.

PS - Valerie has so much respect for Jill. Older women in this industry do not have an easy time. They just do NOT.

And, PS to the PS...is Jill hiring?

• Members

I didn't mean to derail the thread, it's just that's what this talk reminded me of. I could see it in my head. I almost didn't believe it was real at first.

Valerie would also tell you that it leads to physical altercations between the cast, and, while she doesn't listen to gossip, a not-so-little birdie with a hand for hot rollers told her Y&R already has enough of a problem with that.

Oh and I forgot the show was called I'm It! Well, she's never speaking to me again...

Archived