DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

So what are the women that want to be with him....Shawn Christian is a very good actor..I do not get the hate for Daniel...He has always owned that he used women...The people in the town are the ones that have sainted him as some of you say..Basically he is a nice guy..EJ, whom I adore, is a cad, but I still love him..Rafe is a cad and I like him too..and brady is just stupid but I like him too..Why all the hate?

So what are the women that want to be with him....Shawn Christian is a very good actor..I do not get the hate for Daniel...He has always owned that he used women...The people in the town are the ones that have sainted him as some of you say..Basically he is a nice guy..EJ, whom I adore, is a cad, but I still love him..Rafe is a cad and I like him too..and brady is just stupid but I like him too..Why all the hate?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because, IMO, he is eating the damn show. If the scene is not about Daniel, then it is about others wondering what Daniel is up to, what he thinks, etc. If he owns up to his imperfections -- which I doubt -- that's fine. However, when you have practically everyone in Salem bending over backwards (or other ways) to support his p.o.v. or justify his actions, with no one ever really holding him accountable for being a basic d-bag, it's nauseating. And yes, I realize I am exaggerating (maybe); and no, I do not care. It happens often enough, though, to get under my skin.

• Members

It also hurts that Daniel lacks the gravitas needed to really hold this show together. If you have a strong enough or compelling lead you can more or less get away with everything being centered around one individual. Sami, EJ and Kristen have all more or less done that with varying degrees of success over the past years, but Daniel simply can't and it shows painfully. That scene with him at the police station was painful in the writers trying to show Daniel as this unending paragon of virtue. More than that he is dull and boring no matter who he is paired with or acts opposite against. I don't think the problem is that he is oversaturated necessarily but the fact that he brings no true value to the show outside of being an empty husk of a leading man. He literally only has his job because he is a good enough looking meat puppet that can ensconce Jennifer in a relationship, since Jack is (for now) permanently gone.

• Members

Will really is no better than his mother, if he really cared about his mother or Abby, he wouldn't have published the article to begin with. Even if he didn't name Abby, he still put the story on display. Besides, he did it more out of ambition than anything else, his moralizing about Sami was secondary to that, IMO.

• Members

Naggie: My son is the biggest hero to punch that Kristen.

Jennifer: He hit her just in time.

J.J.: If he was gone any longer, he would have started to lose his tan.

Beige: OMG that would have been awful.

Anne: YOU PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Naggie: Oh Anne, you know my son is perfect.

Maxine: You best not mess with my ORANGE GOD!

• Members

Of course when she's in trouble, who does Sami go to for help? EJ. She is always using him. When she separated from him the last time, she was a cold bitch all the time, yet when she "killed" Nick, who did she get to help and protect her? EJ. When she was thrown in jail for killing Bernardi, who did she go to help get her out of it? EJ. Now history repeats itself. She has a history of acting like she doesn't want him and pushing him away, yet having no problems going to him in exchange for favors that benefit her. She's ridiculous!

Will took advantage of his family's pain, excacerbated the situation and exploited it. I thought Abby was justified in yelling at him until she said she wasn't a whore and then compared him to one. Slut, sit your ass down. Double ugh to her going to Sonny to bitch at him

2w5of0x.jpg

Bitch!

• Members

Complaining about Daniel is ridiculous as long as weasly Will is being shoved in our faces.

Shawn Christian is no god of acting, but compared to Guy Wilson, he's Oscar material. Wilson was pathetically awful in every scene today. When Kate Mansi blows him out of the water, you know how bad he is. Then Brian D. wiped the floor with him. GW's reaction shots at the end of scenes are so bad they're hilarious.

• Members

The tail end of todays episode demonstrates that with a little less lighting, the sets on DAYS look 10x better.

Freddie really came alive in his scenes today, I feel that we haven't seen this side of him since he went toe to toe with Gabi a few months back. Kudos to him.

• Members

It's kind of funny in an ironic way in that it sums up their entire relationship. EJ is often the man to bail Sami out of trouble that is often from her own making, when she least deserves it from him. He is often a used as a safety net for her in many regards even as far back as the days when she was engaged to Austin. I was wondering how that "help me stab you in the back please" scene was going to work and if it would have any kind of unintentional humor within it. I also think it helps to highlight the differences between EJ and her other suitors. Usually at this point in the story is where the guy Sami is dating is laying into her, judging her and treating her less than human over her actions. EJ is really the only guy who doesn't do that to her. He sees exactly who Sami is and he loves her for it regardless. While the rest of her men run screaming into the night, once she has failed, proven that she has done something unsavory, duplicitous or committed some kind of moral event horizon they could never get passed or forgive her for.

• Members

This is a good answer.

None of the characters question why he is so full of judgement and condescension for others. He is dismissive and rude to people he has judged as "bad", often when he should be minding his own business. He has a fragile ego - his current breakup with Jen is essentially because she didn't worship him unconditionally and accept his omnipotence - she doubted! *gasp* and so he dumped her because she implied he was only human. He is unethical in that he has used his position as doctor for personal gain to start relationships with a considerable number of patients.

Seriously, what is there not to hate?

• Members

Monday's episode:

Aw, my Kristen is really back now wub.png What a waste of her first few weeks though. She is definitely more unhinged than before - not sure how that bodes...

Sami begging EJ for help is regressive and so undignified.

I had no problem with Abby calling out Will - even the whore comment was fair game in my opinion. Mansi did good.

Archived