DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just at the episode where Eric is told he can be a priest again. It's so delicious that he seems to be hesitating. I thought they did a wonderful job with him imagining Nicole showing up and tempting him and his growing realization that he loves her.

Sami in Bitch Mode is divine. She really shut Adrienne down. I wonder what EJ is up to with Victor.

Everybody else is building Abby up while Gracious, Good Abby is the only one to recognize she deserves to suffer. :rolleyes:

Will is being such a little weasel bitch, getting all the people around him to open up while secretly recording them. Some journalist you f.cking are. :rolleyes:

I need for Daniel to GTFO of Kristen's orbit, please.

I don't mean this to be rude, but do you guys watch the show? Because LK has been having fabulous material & has been featured pretty heavily for a while now. She's even a lead in a lead story right now!

• Members

Question

When Chandler was Will

Didnt they write Will as more intune with Sami. Where Will could spot when Sami was plotting.

Looking back at the setting up of EJ & Abby im shocked Will didnt question why Sami was so buddy Buddy with Abby

• Members
I will admit I don't watch everyday, so that probably had a ton to do with my viewpoint. But when I do watch and she's on there, I feel as if she is more a supporting player in stories rather than the lead in one of her own. And I don't know, maybe that is her choice or maybe that's the way the writers and producers believe she works best. I'm just saying I'd like to see her shine in the kind of front-burner, water cooler stuff that Sami, Nicole, Kristen or one of the young tramps seem to get most of the time.

• Members

She's definitely a supporting spoiler in Rafe/Jordan's annoying story. I miss when Kate scheming was front burner and with major players. I'd honestly love for Bill to be back in town for her to mix it up with Jennifer.

• Members

One reason it's so easy to blame Will for the article and the fallout us because Guy Wilson is so frickin terrible in this role. I mean, downright awful.

He can't act. Freddie Smith brings out nothing in him because Freddie isn't very good either. Casey Moss absolutely blew Guy Wilson away in their scenes together. Talk about contrasts.

The wilSon marriage is a huge bore, partly because of the writing, partly because of the acting. I really tried with Guy Wilson. I can't any more. He's horrendous.

• Members

It is for me. Therefore, it is a reason to blame Will.

I can't stand Guy Wilson as an actor, which means his character annoys the crap out of me. AS plays Sami and it's delicious, so even when she's hateful, I love watching her. I love it when she's bad.

Guy? He stinks, and makes me hate the character and everything the character does. He comes across as a weasly POS, and it's sad that I blame him completely and don't blame Sami for what's gone down.

Guy Wilson might be a nice person, but he can't act. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with.

• Members

LOL at Sami's "Id rather be Hillary than mONICA"

Which makes him an idiot. He thinks he did nothing wrong bc he didnt name Abby but like JJ said, he pretty much spelled it out and made it easy for anyone else to figure out. How dumb did he think the readers were? Especially in this day of social media, Abby being trashed over PalPage is his doing. Of course he would blame Sami for naming Abby bc his little revenge plot backfired on him

EJ didnt blame Will for the affair. He blamed him for writing that article and he is right bc Will did do that.

IA that GW is terrible and JJ dominated in that scene and completely overshadowed Will. I almost got excited to see Will angry at Sonny but of course he had calmed down and was all lovey within a few segments. Cant have any drama between them.

• Members

And no, I'm not still holding a candle to Massey. I never was.

Chandler Massey smirked through every scene in his last year on DAYS or looked bored out of his mind. I complained about him plenty and was glad when he left.

Unfortunately, he was replaced by someone who can't act, and isn't all that great to look at, either.

• Members

I wasn't a fan of Massey either but at least he was eye-candy when he wasn't smirking. This Will is lifeless but that's because the writing doesn't play to Wilson's narrow acting strengths, which I suspect is more campy. That's on Wilson because Will was never like that. Time to recast.

• Members

Thursday's epsiode:

Melissa Reeves/Jen is such a completely different character, in a good way way, when it comes to her family. This Jen is totally rootable as the fierce mama bear. It's such a 180 from when it's all about Dannifer.

Casey Moss was fantastic as JJ in his confrontation with Will. This is the JJ I really liked before he fell in love with Daniel and Beige.

Ben is so bland, Jordan is so bland and their cliche father will be a whodunnit victim by Xmas, no doubt. Does anyone else get Roscoe Born vibes from the actor playing Clyde?

The EJ/Sami stuff was quite good too, but the subtext is worrying.

I like Lucas in this supporting role. BD has learnt one can act without shouting, so that's a good thing.

Good script from Salmons - even though I care not for Abby/Ben, that was old school romance dialogue there.

Archived