DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny, I never brought up SC's acting ability at all in my post(for the record, I've seen much better and even much worse). It was more a joke of the overexposure of the character. I've seen harsh criticisms of actor/actresses that were MY favorites through the years on this board. That is the nature of this forum, a place for all opinions to be heard. BTW, I have posted quite a few times on SOC in the past and have never been "kicked off for life".

• Members

I've said for months now that the reason for the affair storyline was to make Abby a more prominent presence on the series. It's clear that Austin-gate didn't accomplish doing that and neither did the Chad and Cameron triangle, so they did this. Ejami were used to further launch the character of Abigail and make her more of a corner stone on Days for the next few years. It's up for the audience to decide if that was accomplished or not. I think many are divided on that front on if Abby can lead a story on her own or if she is at most just a supporting player. It seems Days is trying to beef up their younger set and make them more dimensional to better the show in the coming years. I've noticed that they've been trying to flesh out all of the younger characters like JJ, Theresa, Abby and now maybe Will too so they have more room to play with them.

• Members

ok...they've got to stop dragging out the Aiden/Hope thing. I'm getting sick of the dance flashback.

And this Clyde/Jordan plot couldn't be any worse! Drive a stake thru this storyline already. It has to go down as the most uninspired/convoluted stories this show has done since Dena Higly's 6 month debacle before James Reilley came back.

• Members

All I said on Soap Central was I did not like a person's acting..ON This board some posters have said SC walks like a monkey and wears a bad wig and really bashed the actor as a person..Saying someone is a bad actor is sooo much different than that.

• Members

And yet you got all defensive when I made a corny joke that you percieved was about his bad acting (which again it wasn't, it was more about the writing and the overexposure of the character). Frankly, I've seen some strong criticisms of acting on SOC (though granted, probably less allowed than here) so what you said must have been pretty bad. Why don't you tell us exactly what you said that got you thown off? After all, it must be "tame" compared to what is said here.

• Members

So Will surprised me today and he sees that he screwed up and has been for a while. He even notes that blaming Sami all the time was wrong. That a lot was on him.

Guy did a great job delivering Will's disappointment in himself

Archived