DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's what every soap couple believes "They are way stronger than that." - especially on DAYS! The list is FAR too long of couples who were 'destined' to be together and had the 'perfect' relationship. You mention Bo & Hope - there were plenty of obstacles are other parties involved in their lives. (I mean Hope gets an email and jumps into bed with Patrick. Mmm-hmm.) My point is that for real progress - treat them the same. Give them the same obstacles. Will & Sonny are too young to be left on the sidelines as a couple who will spend the next 50 years together. Please! It's their first romance/love.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It doesn't have to be a full on affair. Sonny being mad about Will's article or Will being mad at Sonny getting him the job could lead them to a friendship with another gay that the other interprets as an affair or potential affair. Just do SOMETHING with them.

Honestly, all the amazing women on this show are being bogged down by Daniel. He needs to leave Theresa and Eve and Kristen and Nicole alone. I fear for when he finally gets involved in the Sami story, since it's the only one not about him.

• Members

The kid was echoing what we the viewers felt about his so called departure.

Re: WilSon

The show had so much potential other than just another affair, but the show seems to be afraid of any type of conflict with Will and Sonny. Will should have been shipped off to jail IMO at the conclusion of Sami's trial last year, for shooting EJ. The show could have dealt with Sonny coping with Will's absence, eventually meeting a guy who actually had similar interest as he does (remember the show attempted to illustrate this with Sonny's old pal coming to town and the two of them reminiscing about their many trips across the globe?). Just as Sonny is forced to face his feelings for this guy, Will is released from jail. The triangle would be more emotional than physical.

• Members

Mixed thoughts on Monday and Tuesday ...

LMAO at Theresa's terrible acting job with Paige. The actress playing Paige is even more terrible. Lord it's like she's walking ambien. Zzzzz. Perk up.

Kassie continues to be a great addition.

It's nice seeing Hope and Aiden again. Felt like forever. I'm all for a slow build and quite enjoy their interactions, but can we start moving this along?

I love Nicole vs. Kristen any day but I can't take Nicole seriously with that haircut though she ultimately looks pretty good.

Maggie's back to being a weeping mess over 'my son'. Please take a flying leap and take your precious egg baby with you. Always nice seeing Parker though.

Jennifer and Eric honestly aren't terrible around each other .... and thankfully they seem to be styling Jennifer better (slightly). And yes to Eric in a suit. Though damn, do he and Daniel need to get a room because Eric always seems to have it so bad for Daniel.

Even trying to be 'bad' Will is so [!@#$%^&*] boring. Sonny has been dragged down by Will for too long. Zzzzzzzz to these two. Seriously. Will all pouty and angry is not working, IMO. Guy Wilson plays everything the same. I've defended him a bit and tried to give him a chance but he's so blah and has zero range. I did like Kate confronting Will, and her "I better go". Heh.

EJ and Sami still want to !@#$%^&*] each other. Clearly. Ugh.

And yessss to Abby and Ben. I'm here for them and I am starting to feel a bit of chemistry between them. I'm slightly nervous/curious where this Ben and 'anger issue' is going to go.

Always nice seeing Rory even if JJ is a shitty friend towards him and practically ignores him and treats him like a nuisance, even though Rory would probably take a bullet for JJ. Ugh to MaryBeth. Why is this bitch so judgemental? Take a seat. I'd like her if it wasn't for this crap. She's a slightly better actress than Paige, though not by a whole lot.

And Monday and Tuesday are why I enjoy Days (usually ... the Kristen/Daniel crap nearly drove me away again). Numerous storylines and characters, woven together, and interacting. It's fairly well balanced (usually ...). Even if stories don't go anywhere, the daily episodes are often entertaining enough.

• Members

The thing I am finally realizing Sonny is that he needs to be the protector even if it means controlling a situation like Will's job. I agree ith Victor when he told Sonny are you his hubby or did you adopt him.

Sonny doesnt see Will as an equal to him and honestly I feel Sonny would be like this with any guy he dated its not just cause the guy is Will

• Members

I don't have a problem with Sonny being underhanded. He is a Kiriakis. It's better than him being written as perfect. His best scene partner was Camilla as Gabi bc she ignited fire within him which I never see with GW. Sonny as a jerk works. I'd be fine with him being a jerk with Will if he inspired any drama for them but Will is so milquetoast. I think Sonny could work better with someone else a bit more dynamic and not so vanilla

• Members

Im sorry but If Sonny feels he needs to stop people like his Mom telling Will that Victor owns the Magazine then Sonny knows he messed up by how he got Will the job & lying to him. Knowing Will wont like it at all. They are married. Trust is 100% key in marriage. Sonny is not showing Trust in this instance

• Members

I think a large number of the WilSon stans would be happy if they got a 2-minute daily scene of WilSon saying "I wuv you." "I wuv you, too. Isn't it great that we're gay and married." "I know. Salem is so accepting. Now, let's go get some coffee." Ugh! As mentioned, Sonny & Will genetics + twisted and messed up family history should make them far different people than they are being written. I'm harping on this because I believe DAYS has a unique opportunity now - no other soap has anything like WilSon -they are established, popular, etc. They may be surprised at how the audience reacts.

On another note, I must say that KDP is really starting to entertain me as Eve. She's not CR, but she's definitely giving a very physical and animated performance. While everyone else is standing around, she is lighting it up with a lot of energy.

Archived