Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People forget that TL, like MS before him, was only supposed to be on for a few days in a throwaway role - it was until he got onscreen that it was obvious, he was a keeper. I really wish they'd bring JT back. Honestly, I'd like to see soaps adopt more "arc-type" stories where they could have older, beloved characters come on for three- to four-months to be a part of a big story and then go away and come back - sort of like ED on DAYS. With Y&R's history, they could do that with a number of characters so that it wouldn't be so glaring - like DAYS and Kristen. I think it would work especially well with Y&R because you have so many legacy characters played by same actor (meaning 10-20 years onscreen) that are on the canvas (Victor, Nikki, Nick, Sharon, Victoria, Jack, Ashley (soon), Jill, Neil, Lily, Paul, Christine, Michael, Lauren, etc.) These arc could focus on a key character coming back for a certain subset each time. I believe it would give the show and fans something special. Take advantage of that history Y&R, while moving the show forward.

• Members

It hasn't gone on that long. If it's getting old, it's only because the writers aren't doing enough. You can't complain about beats of a s/l not being played, and then want them to rush this through so a choice is made. Bill Bell would've dragged this out for 3 years.

• Members
Lol at 3 years. Not sure that long but definitely a full year. He would have spent far more time developing the feelings between Devon and Hilary before the marriage. That's for sure.

I think my feelings on this subject are clouded by hating that Hilary had to be tried with Neil first when Devon was a far better option on all accounts. I just want that marriage to end as soon as possible and Hilary spending less screentime with Neil.

• Members

True, hopefully they smash while Neil is out the country and that part of it will at least be over. They're stuck out in the woods or wherever dancing in the moonlight so something is going down. Just hope Hillary doesn't get knocked up by Devon married to Neil.

I have to rewatch today because Victoria /Stitch, Kelly/Jack put me to sleep... my cookies in the oven burned, needed No-doze watching them in the same eppy.

Archived