Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Members

The character is latino in last name only. I grew up around Puerto Ricans most of my life. What I've experiences is thick accents, deep sense of pride about being Puerto Rican, love to talk about their culture. Sabrina was supposedly born and raised in Puerto Rico yet lacks an accent and never talks about the island.

Its like how a lot of viewers think Sonny is Italian when he's not. Corinthos is not an Italian last name, Sonny speaks Spanish ever once in a blue moon and has mentioned a Cuban mother several times yet a lot of viewers don't know he's half latino.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just going to say this. The minority characters on GH are boring. And its not the viewers fault, its the writers. The white characters have the better storylines while the minorities are tokens for the most part.

• Members

I think that is why this topic is being met with such resistance...it's interesting being that most people can see that black characters rarely get the story (attention to detail) and airtime of their white counterparts. The lack of a presence by other POC (namely Asians...good for GH, by the way.) is glaring. No one has to lie...all anyone has to do is watch the show. The proof is in the pudding.

• Members

I'm not denying the writing is poor for some minority characters, but that doesn't mean I dislike them for being a minority which is what you guys keep implying, while ignoring that there are also white characters we all hate and find boring as well...but I'm done going back and forth. You have truly proven your point is an unpopular OPINION.

UO about GH

Sonny Corinthos needs to die. He is played by one of the absolute worst veteran actors in Daytime who only gets worse each year. Honestly the whole Corinthos clan including Carly should blow up in one of those car bombs Sonny attracts

Archived