Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Members

The character never overcame that affair that turned into a marriage...he and Sharon both got the shaft.

And the constant losing to Victor doesn't help.

Unpopular, but I truly don't care about Jack nor Ashley. Never did. But I did find their stories entertaining once upon a time.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree about Heather.

I like Julian as Sam's father. I can't compare the previous regime's handling of the mob as I've only been watching GH since May.

I also agree about Devon . He's interesting and agree 100% about Sabrina, one of the most propped characters I've ever watched.

I would like Billy/Victoria to stay together...but have a feeling they won't.

I don't mind Neil with Leslie all that much but I think his best pairing other than drew was with Karen (probably unpopular but I liked them together.)

I totally agree about Heather.

I like Julian as Sam's father. I can't compare the previous regime's handling of the mob as I've only been watching GH since May.

I also agree about Devon . He's interesting and agree 100% about Sabrina, one of the most propped characters I've ever watched.

I would like Billy/Victoria to stay together...but have a feeling they won't.

I don't mind Neil with Leslie all that much but I think his best pairing other than drew was with Karen (probably unpopular but I liked them together.)

• Members

^I mean with Sabrina it's like she cannot hold her own. She has to have someone to help her with everything. She's weak and she has to be propped. She's badly written.

Also. I guess my complete disdain can be seen in my signature. I loathe her.

So, PJA. Only been watching since May? You should go back and watch some 90s GH. It was so good back then...and in the 80s too. I've only watched since 2007. But, I watch alot of classic episodes on YT in my free time. Love that soap. Even though it's not the same now.

I can barely remember Neil and Karen. They must have been together when I didn't watch much. I took a Y&R break for a bit after they killed my favorite character (Brad) Plus, I started watching AMC in 2007 and Y&R was/is on at 1PM here as well. So, I missed a bunch of Y&R from I'd say 2007-2009.

• Members

Yes. She pretty much is. The whole Nurses' Ball revival was centered around her. How she was the one that came up with the idea to revive it. How she was Patrick's new love. How they turned her from a "ugly duck" to a swan. ETC, ETC.

And, instead of having an actual Thankgiving episode this year....They had her and Patrick's wedding that week. Of course Robin did return...and that was nice. But, why did Thanksgiving center on her wedding and then heartbreak? Instead of the Q's and the rest of the people of PC?

• Members

I actually went back and watched Luke and Lauras wedding from the 80s plus some scenes with Leslie and Monica because they had mentioned their feud a few times. I also watched some Tracy scenes as well.

I went on YT and found Franco's (the original) first episode back from 2009 and watched like 10 episodes in a row and was going to watch all the episodes up until where I started...but the show was just so boring then compared to now.

• Members

Yeah. It was boring for a time back in 2009-2010. It got better though.

You should go and watch some of the classic heartbreaking stories like Stone's death (He was Robin's first love. He died of AIDS) and the BJ's heart storyline (Maxie's cousin who passed and then her heart was transplanted to Maxie)

The 80s and 90s really were the golden age of the show.

You should also catch the storyline with Kevin's twin brother (Ryan Chamberlain) who stalked Felicia. He was a total nutjob who I LOVED! One of the best GH villains ever and they haven't brought him back from the dead.

God knows I love JL's portrayal of Kevin. But, I thought the character of Ryan was always more complex. Except during the storyline where Kevin went nuts, kidnapped Felicia and Lucy, and thought he was his dead brother. (That's the storyline that also brought Alexis and Stefan to the canvas. Back in Sept. 1996.)

• Members

I cared about Jack until sometime in the late 90s or early 00s. I think too much focus on his love life and on him losing to Victor, and way too much teary woe, killed the character.

I generally only cared about Ashley when Brenda Epperson was in the role, although I think Eileen did her best with some consistently horrible material when she returned from 2008 on.

I cared about Brenda/Peter, and I can see the spark and back-and-forth with Eileen and Terry Lester, but I don't see it with Eileen and Peter. I think Jack being so weak has tarnished most of his family relationships.

• Members
Kevin is on even less than all characters involved and there would be absolutely no conflict. Other than wanting something for your favorite character, I don't see how making him her father would go anywhere than what they've done. You may not agree and this may be an unpopular opinion but Kevin is irrelevant to today's GH. He's irrelevant in his "own storyline" Julain as Sam's father may be a plot device, but that's still a purpose and one that's being utilized by the writers. Kevin as Sam's father would have literally gone nowhere as I don't see the current regime caring to do anything with it when they don't even do anything with Kevin and he's been back for almost a year now

LOL..I thought Karen was boring. She was alright as a supporting recurring character but she shouldn't have been made a regular. She was just so blah. I didn't see much spark in her, but then again she came after Dru, so any woman with Neil at that point probably couldn't compare.

Archived