Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Members

I don't really see a purpose for Julian as Sam's father either. "Now Sonny can't kill him," isn't good enough, as he wasn't going to kill him anyway, they were just looking for any random reason to make sure he couldn't.

For a story that had been around for years, the whole thing is an anticlimax. Typical Ron.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You may not like it but that is the purpose. I think Kevin as her father would have served even less of one as thinly thought out that was. She's about to get a new brother out of it so that's something they can play off of, especially considering the Carly connection, not that I have much hope for it, but its at least something

• Members

She's likely only going to have a handful of scenes with Lucas, looking bored as hell as Julian staggers around in poorly fitted underwear.

I don't think Kevin would have added that much either, don't get me wrong, but I could at least say that might have led somewhere (maybe Ryan had ties to the Cassadines; maybe Kevin/Alexis could rekindle something and Lucy would lash out).

If this is the best we get, then they might as well have made Max her father.

• Members

I didn't even know Kevin had a twin! I bet JL was good in that role.

I noticed your signature....If only he would come back to life just to get rid of her! lol Seriously though she doesn't annoy me as much as she did before. Maybe because the propping has subsided (except for Felix).

• Members

I could see why some would find her boring. She was okay IMO. Her best scenes however were when she found out about the affair and confronted Neil. Nia Peebles rocked that scene IMO. It's like they waited until they wrote her off to show give her a story worthy of her talents.

• Members

I can't say that Sonny Corinthos' diminished Latino pride is the fault of the character (whether the actor was in cahoots with the hack that made it so is another matter that is up for debate), let alone equivalent to the self-loathing mess that was Tea Delgado. Neither can I blame Danyella's lack of Latino identity on the character (as her mother was hardly an shining example of ethnic pride, herself). I'd weigh in on Tomas if he was given anything other to do besides being a T&B spoiler.

• Members

Perhaps (like I said, I didn't watch her enough to come to any conclusion), but the fact that she receives more vitriol than Lisa Niles (as did Leyla Mir before her, which is hardly coincidental) - a chick who, from what I'd read, terrorized folks with Robin's HIV+ blood in a syringe, among other more heinous deeds - speaks volumes while underlining my assessment about the viewers that I speak of.

• Members

Okay I'll post some unpopular opinions

Clichéd overused plots like WTD and back from the dead are not soapy. More like ridiculous, predictable, and boring at this point

GH

I don't think Bryan Craig is a good actor nor do I think he stands out. Sometimes I cringe when he's onscreen. Michael, Morgan, and Kiki all suck equally.

Molly needs to be recast. HP can't act, never was a good actress, and her voice is unbearable. And she can't anchor a teen scene.

I hate the Cassadines and find them all useless. I don't think Nik is hot or sexy.

Mark Teschner is the most overrated casting directing in soaps.

I'm sick of Cartini getting praised for things others have done before them and better. I actually saw someone comment about Ava and Morgan and say how innovative a older woman and younger male pairing was on soaps and how it had never been done before.

B&B

The most repetitive soap on air that somehow hardly ever gets called out on it. Every time I tune in its like the same script is replaying in loop.

I don't think their wardrobe is amazing.

Y&R

EH is miscast and asexual. Chloe was never amazing, the rewrite that made her Esther's daughter was pointless, and the character should've left awhile ago.

I was fine with the show killing off Delia because that child should've never existed in the first place and she did nothing but grate like her parents.

Jeanne Cooper's acting as Marge the last time around was downright cringe inducing.

Archived