Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet, some of you continue to validate my keystrokes on my correct statement (since there's no reason to front as if it's anything other than fact at this point) over and over again to the point where you're carrying on for me.

Which leads me to another UO, I hate that Katherine Bell (a bitch who I did love to hate) got thrown in their boring orbit instead of keeping her around as a thorn in the Quartermaines' side where she worked best. (This was ages before I'd learned that the motivation behind that was to capitalize on the fantastic pairing [which I hadn't discovered until last year] that MBE had with SN on DAYS - and even this knowledge isn't enough for me to justify the pairing that sucked the soul out of my Katherine.)

• Members

I can't say that I hated Lisa (though I will say that the only time that I found her remotely interesting was in the brief time that she was fvcking with Emma's sperm donor's head after they'd slept together and before Robin found out), but the reaction to her throughout her time on canvas (after she'd endangered Robin's life more than once) was in no way comparable to Sabrina for merely existing (even though I've yet to hear a single thing about her actually endangering Robin or Emma in the time that she's been around).

• Members

I started to mention Katherine Bell in my post but decided against it. I had never been happier to see someone dead (for the second time). I didn't love to hate her, I just hated her. I felt like she brought Stefan down. I did like him with Bobby at one point in time though. I read somewhere that TPTB brought her on at SNs request. I feel even more justified in my hate of her and the pairing.

• Members

I don't get how someone can make all of these claims about why Sabrina is so hated while also admitting that they've only ever seen the character a few times. Maybe if you'd ever actually watched her, you'd understand why she's hated. Guess what? It's not about her race, no matter how much you want it to be. She is a terribly written character.

• Members

'Admitting' would imply that I'd have something to be ashamed about, which I don't. I've said this before and I'll say it again - I don't have to tune in to a show to correctly assess a viewership's reaction to a POC character and/or actress because it's the same predictable one every time. That's how they roll and the hatred for Sabrina (and any other POC character in comparison with their white counterparts - no matter how flavorless the latter are) supports that.

• Members

I have to be honest and say I have NEVER seen another character on any soap, black, white, Hispanic or otherwise as propped as Sabrina. And her acting isn't the best so I can see why she's hated. Although she's grown on me, I hated her as well and to honest still wouldn't mind if she left the show.

• Members

For the record, I don't care about Sabrina or the actress that plays and never have, so I can't say that I have an investment in her. Fill in another POC character / actor in her slot and the vitriol will be the same - disproportionate to that of their white counterparts. The defensive reaction to my observation is proof enough of that.

Archived